Doogie Howser M.D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Rating: 7 out of 10

"Doogie Howser, M.D," is a new television show which portrays the life of a 16-year-old medical doctor. The show is a comedy/drama, with the comedy supplied by the escapades of Doogie the teenager and the drama provided by what Doogie the doctor learns and experiences in the course of his work. The concept is original, and there are some funny parts. However the whole idea of a 16-year-old doctor is too unbelievable. The show's drama seems pretentious, such as when Doogie has to deal with his first loss of a patient. Doogie's relationship with his girlfriend has its ups and downs, and most teenagers can relate to that, but not to Doogie's profession. Still, the show provides some laughs, even though I doubt it will be continued next season.

"Doogie Howser, M.D." airs on Wednesdays at 9: 00 p.m. on ABC.n

Rosey_Angel said...
I love Doogie Howser!!!!!! I also believe your review was well-written though I disagree with it.