Save Twin Peaks!! The Battle Must Begin | Teen Ink

Save Twin Peaks!! The Battle Must Begin MAG

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the cult T.V. series. What I'm wondering is does everyone know it is dying?

I began watching the mysterious, funky, incredibly cool, but confusing, don't-dare-call-it-a-soap this season. I fell in love. Unlike most of today's television shows, it actually requires its viewers to have brains. Sure, everyone has to watch it twice, but still...

ABC, Peaks' home channel, has cut the 22 show contract, airing only 16 episodes. As of yet, four more contracted shows haven't been taped. ABC might try placing "Twin Peaks" in another time slot, but most likely will dump the show altogether.

What an outrage! I am reaching out to the regular Saturday night fans and begging you to save Agent Cooper and his friends (and enemies) from a premature grave. David Lynch and Mark Frost, the show's heart and soul, have committed no crime other than creating a complex plot that needs to be religiously followed.

Just because the world knows who killed Laura Palmer doesn't mean the show must die. Please write to the president, your congressmen and women, your grandparents, aunts, uncles and the ABC network declaring your love and respect for "Twin Peaks." We must fight for our right to spend every Saturday night puzzled in front of the TV without cherry pie and coffee. It is what keeps the world turning. n