Star Trek: Voyager | Teen Ink

Star Trek: Voyager MAG

Well, Para-mount's done it again. They've come up with yet another Star Trek series, and this one, Star Trek: Voyager, definitely looks promising. The original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and now Star Trek: Voyager all have held the same credo: "To seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before:"

But with ST Voyager, there's a twist. Both Voyager and a ship of the rebel force, the Maquis, have been transported 70,000 light years from Federation space. They were transported by a force called "The Caretaker," who has since died, so they are stranded in the unexplored Delta Quadrant surrounded by never-before-seen aliens. It would take them 75 years at maximum speeds to get home. On their way back to Federation space, they will make contact with every species that they can, hoping for find a new race with the technology to get them home faster. Meanwhile, there are conflicts on board the ship. When the Maquis ship is destroyed, the survivors are taken on board Voyager.

I really enjoyed Star Trek: Voyager's premiere. It has a great cast and good writers. I think that this latest Star Trek spin-off has the potential to live up to, or even surpass the Star Trek: The Next Generation standard that all spin-offs have come to be compared with

bioadam said...
on Mar. 3 2014 at 10:55 am
I like this quoate at the end of the article: "I think that this latest Star Trek spin-off has the potential to live up to, or even surpass the Star Trek: The Next Generation standard that all spin-offs have come to be compared with". Maybe the author was talking in terms of terrible episodes and eroding ratings. If so, this statement is 100% prophecy.