E.S.P.N. Saturday Morning | Teen Ink

E.S.P.N. Saturday Morning MAG

What is garbage? Any discarded item? My personal definition of garbage is E.S.P.N.'s Saturday morning lineup. E.S.P.N. calls itself the "Sports Network," but on Saturday mornings, it showcases fishing and hunting. Maybe I've been in the dark for too long, but are fishing and hunting really sports? Hunting is a vile way for man to prove his superiority over animals by the slaughter of defenseless creatures. And fishing? Any sport that requires sitting with a couple of beers does not qualify as competition. Yet E.S.P.N., the "total sports network," airs three hours of this every Saturday morning.

Let me ask you a question: when was the last time you woke up at 7:30 a.m. to watch Ultimate Outdoors? I mean, is there really a market for American Hunter, Hunting Strategies, and American Shooter? As far as I'm concerned, these shows are not exactly pulling in viewers.

I also have one other question, E.S.P.N. Why do you air these shows on a Saturday morning, when half of the population which actually would watch these shows is out fishing and hunting? Personally, when I wake up on Saturday morning, I want to know what happened the night before in sports, not see some guy wearing a flannel shirt and a pair of galoshes in some God-forsaken river in the deep South catch a large-mouth bass. Times up, I gotta jet C Back Country is on

on Mar. 31 2009 at 2:07 am
iTrumpet42 BRONZE, Clarence Center, New York
i LUV SPORTS AND I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY SHOW FISHING ON SATURDAY MORNINGS. INSTEAD OF NCAA TOURNAMENT HIGHLIGHTS, IT'S A FAT GUY WITH A WHISKEY IN 1 HAND A FISHING POLE IN THE OTHER! I REALLLY LIKE THIS ARTICLE!!!