Dharma And Greg This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Oh, great. Another too-cute, slightly amusing but not worth the half-hour romantic sitcom based on a flawless, all-too-perfect couple living in a big city with a few amateur jokes and a whole lotta sex. And everyone who's shaking their heads in agreement right now could not be more wrong.

Here's the premise: Dharma (a tall, gorgeous, way-too-perky and totally unconventional hippie stuck in the wrong generation) meets Greg (a tall, handsome, way-too-practical and stuffy conventional middle-class lawyer) on a subway in San Francisco and they get married on the first date. Now if anyone's thinking how lightly television treats the concept of marriage, I'll be first to agree, using this show as the perfect example. But ten minutes into the pilot, I just threw all my morals out the window and couldn't have cared less.

Jenna Elfman ("Townies") and Thomas Gibson ("Chicago Hope") in the title roles make their acting seem as easy as sleeping. They are so incredibly believable playing a young couple helplessly in love that I almost expect them to divorce their current spouses and get hitched off-screen as well. Their chemistry, the situations they encounter, and their occasional arguments make them seem like a real couple instead of some fairy-tale romance make this show one of the best on TV. With a phenomenal supporting cast portraying the pair's highly eccentric parents and best friends, Elfman and Gibson might as well start writing their Emmy speeches and demanding a million per episode right now.

So, it's not too-cute, nor anywhere near just "slightly amusing." It is, however, amazingly entertaining, brilliantly funny, and does contain a whole lotta sex (and undoubtedly worth the half-hour). So if you're so primitive and sad that you actually don't own a TV, beg your friend to invite you over this Wednesday night. I guarantee that by 9 p.m. you'll be spending that hard-earned college money on a big screen and surround-sound because come next Wednesday, you'll already be hooked..

Cookies said...
May 28, 2011 at 9:47 am:
I watch Dharma and Greg their show is awesome. They don't diplay a perfect relationship. There are pints in which Dharma kisses another man and Greg finds out. They have discussions about their different family. The show is so hilarious. I love Dharma and Greg. :D

Cookies replied...
May 28, 2011 at 9:48 am :
my bad points