House This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Hugh Laurie stars as Dr. Gregory House, a maverick, anti-social doctor who specializes in infectious disease diagnosis and is not afraid to go over the line to solve every case that he is assigned. He is inconsiderate and doesn’t care less what people think about him. Regardless of whom he is talking to, he wastes no time cracking cheap but hilarious jokes. He is immature and ignorant, but without a doubt one of the best developed characters in television.

In each episode, Dr. House and his team of three highly skilled doctors are given mysterious cases with patients who could not be diagnosed by their primary doctors. Every time the patient’s life is on the line, and with one wrong move, the patient could die. On occasion, the team has to break into a patient’s house to search for the cause of the illness. Though House is disliked by most, he is respected because of his ability to save lives with few facts supporting his decisions.

All in all, I give this show a 10 out of 10. It’s funny, suspenseful, and even a little educational. What more could you ask from a show? Everyone I have seen this show with or recommended it to finds it enormously entertaining, funny, and flat-out brilliant.

“House” airs on FOX Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST. The first season is out on DVD and doing very well in stores. Catch up and tune in!

EllyRoseApolloThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 24 at 1:59 pm:
Do they still show it? I heard that they canceled it. I used to watch it a while ago, but i can barely find it at all anymore.

horsewriter4evr said...
LOVE HOUSE i really like this review because it covers pretty much everything about House and the show!

karlsss said...
my FAVORITE show. I am absolutely obsessed. when i saw that someone had written an article about it i HAD to read it. thanks for being a fellow House fan! Keep writing.  (:

tessa_chase said...
Sept. 3, 2010 at 11:58 am:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOUSE!!!!! it's definitely the best show ever =P my username is that because chase is my husband

peace_love_beauty said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 11:25 am:
I love House! I just started watching a few episodes a couple of weeks ago, and I was hooked from the first few episodes I saw. Great show.

sweetxluv said...
awesome show!!!

ResJes said...
Btw, HOUSE MD is now on FOX @ 8 PM on Mondays. This is my only favorite show and every week I stop what I'm doing to watch it. I don't know what I'd do without it - when the season finished, I didn't watch TV until House came on again.

resilva This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your review describes the show perfectly, and it's my favorite too. Did you know that the character House was based on Sherlock Holmes? Incredible deduction skills, drug-addicted, aloof, arrogant, and largely friendless except for Dr. Watson (aka Wilson).

anonymousfish said...
I.....LOVE.....HOUSE........ OH MY GOSH I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!1 AAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Crazy-Rednecks replied...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:06 am :
I love house! It is a funny but an interesting show. Can't wait for the new episodes.

gkegrace This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 4:43 pm:
I love House!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on publication, and I think you describe the show absolutely perfectly. Thank you!

blahblahblah2010 said...
May 19, 2009 at 1:51 pm:
I love House it's a funny show and the cast is great XD

Taylor W. said...
I am absolutely obsessed with House, and Hugh Laurie is a comic genius. You expressed my adoration exactly. :) Congrats on getting published!

supernaturalove09 said...
Feb. 27, 2009 at 3:11 pm:
i love house, its so iteresting and funny, my sister is obsessed, i love the shows supernatural and 90210 the next generation even though that show is for preppy people kind of. and anyways i love house wilson cuddy and chase, edi from twilight is one of the new interns like thirteen and taub and kutner.

whitebubble23 said...
Hey, House is my favorite tv show. You did a great job covering it. Nice!!