Gilmore Girls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Gilmore Girls,” now in its seventh (and final) season, is an amazing television show that follows the lives of the mother/daughter team of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Lorelai is an energetic, opinionated woman born to wealthy parents, neither of whom lack energy or opinions themselves. Lorelai got pregnant with Rory at the age of 16 and decided to move out of Hartford, Connecticut, to seek refuge in a small town nearby. At age 32 at the start of season one, Lorelai is doing well as the manager of the Independence Inn. She and Rory have a spectacularly close relationship and share everything.

Lauren Graham (Lorelai) and Alexis Bledel (Rory) each do an excellent job portraying their roles in this dramatic comedy. They act alongside a fabulous cast of quirky characters who make you envy their small-town life. Scriptwriter Amy Sherman-Palladino uses amazingly quick and often subtle humor to make the dialogue fast-paced, laugh-out loud funny, and a must-see for all.

“Gilmore Girls” is a hilariously joyful show, and if you’ve missed it, you can catch up by renting or buying past seasons. A plus to renting is that you can watch the special features which include interviews with the cast and crew, bloopers, commentary, and more.

I usually watch “Gilmore Girls” with my entire family - yes, even my dad. It’s our tradition and even though I’m often jealous that my mom isn’t more like Lorelai, watching “Gilmore Girls” has definitely brought us closer. It’s our little thing and that’s why I’m thankful for it. Maybe your family will like it, too. Give it a try.

Shahrukhlover said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 12:24 am:
OMG! I love watching Gilmore Girls! My sister and I watch it every weekday before doing our homework. I love Rory. I want to go to Harvard just like she did. I'm not going to choose Yale like she did though! Gilmore Girls is awesome!!!

HauntedDancer123 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This show is amazing!!!

buggaboo said...
i love the gilmore girls!!! they are so funny(even if i dont understand most of the people they compare things or other people too!!!) im soooo addicted to watching this show. i watch it with my stepmom and it really brings us together.

messijessi said...
Jul. 1, 2009 at 10:57 pm:
I adore Gilmore Girls!

FashionGuru said...
Jun. 28, 2009 at 4:18 pm:
One of my favorite shows!!! I too am soo envious of the relationship and bond between Rory and Lorelai, they're so funny. The comic humor makes the entire show all the better.

songo05 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 20, 2009 at 6:49 pm:
I love gilmore girls i own all 7 seasons and have watched them all 1000 timmes!

drtbikgrl442 said...
May 28, 2009 at 5:42 pm:
Oh my, i love this show so much, i've seen every single epsiode and watch just about everyday. The article was written well.

batz09 said...
Mar. 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm:
i like gilmore girls its kind of funny, i really watch it because jared padalecki is in it and supernatural is the best show ever!!!!

UpsideDownCake said...
I absolutely lovee the Gilmore Girls!
And yr article was really well written, I wish I could write like that. (:

alaska girl said...
Nov. 14, 2008 at 12:40 am:
omg that was a great article. my friend loves that show and watched EVERY SINGLE episode. well yea i watched some with her and i totally agree with you! Pr

Isadora said...
Great! Very well written and I completely agree:) I am a fan and have watched every season. I also watch them with my mother and sometimes even with my dad!

Anonymous said...
I liked the way you wrote this, and I agree with a lot of what you said. The show was inspiring and funny and full of "gilmore jargon" that made you think.