Veronica Mars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You think your life is tough? Played by Kristen Bell, Veronica Mars is a wonderfully refreshing teenage girl who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Once the most popular girl in her grade, Veronica, now a snarky, witty teenage outcast, doesn’t have the usual extracurriculars on her college resumé. Instead, she helps her father, a struggling private investigator, solve cases while she copes with her best friend’s murder.

Within five minutes of seeing my first episode of “Veronica Mars,” I was completely hooked. The writing is brilliant, with the perfect mix of humor, wit, drama, and suspense; the acting, especially Bell’s, is convincing. But what’s really responsible for the immediate success of this show is the characters. Every person, from Veronica’s rich, jerky rival Logan to her quiet best friend Wallace, is realistic and easy to relate to. Veronica herself is such a complex, intriguing character that it is impossible not to genuinely feel for her when things go wrong. Every viewer will find someone to relate to.

The mystery element of this show is very well done. There is always a cleverly twisted maze of clues that keeps you guessing but never becomes confusing. Instead, this intriguing suspense, along with Veronica’s confident sarcasm, leaves me desperately awaiting the next episode.

This fast-moving, highly addictive show is one of the best on television. With just the right amount of romance, mystery, and action, “Veronica Mars” is sure to draw you in completely.

Natasha M. said...
Great review. I still can't believe more people don't watch this show, its got great acting (not surprised to see Bell, Gallner and others in movies now), memorable characters, and a refreshingly witty storyline.

Miranda J. said...
Jul. 8, 2009 at 2:48 am:
As a Veronica Mars fan, I think this review describes the tv show wonderfully. I would just like to add that it is quite a tragedy that Veronica Mars was canceled after the third season.