The Office This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It is a Thursday night, and I make sure I am finished with homework and ready to turn on the television. I sit down in the living room with my family prepared to laugh out loud at our favorite show, “The Office.” It begins, and with the first line, I am already beginning to giggle.

Whether it is the outrageously dorky Dwight Schrute making some strange observation or the dimwitted boss, Michael Scott, making an ignorant, racist comment, the characters of “The Office” never fail to tickle my funny bone.

The personalities in the Scranton branch of the Dunder-Mifflin paper supply company are so simple, yet each one is hysterical. Many represent the stereotypes in real offices. The boss is a moron, and his right-hand man is an annoying brown nose. Pam, the secretary, is pretty and kind; Angela is an uptight snob; Kevin is chubby, cute, and slow; Toby is divorced and depressed. The list goes on and on. There are some hidden love connections among the group, and the interactions between the characters are always entertaining.

ZalphaNeko said...
May 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm:

Im so sad its over!

MJlives said...
I easily could have written this article... I feel the same way, and my Thursday nights are probably really similar!

Black-Widow said...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:19 am:
I agree that it doesnt always make me laugh out loud, but it does make me cry. (i cry when i try to hold in a laugh) I love all of the characters and can never wait for 6:30 to roll around

IAmMyself replied...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm :
ITS NOT ON AT 6: 30

skysky9620 said...
Dont get me wrong, I like the show, but I think some of the things just arent that funny. I get the humor, and whatnot, but it doesnt make me laugh out loud.

smalltownwrite210 said...
The office is the best show ever!!! Ive seen every episode and can never get enough! But i think the earlier seasons were better

Rockerray101 said...
Jul. 9, 2009 at 2:46 pm:
I love the office so much. IT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twilight Rules!!!1 But the office rules MORE!!!!!!!!!

vampluv11 said...
Mar. 20, 2009 at 3:00 pm:
I heart Dwayne!

RebeccaD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:28 am :
....Dwight

betsie said...
Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:17 pm:
oh my word Micheal annoys the crap out of me!!! but i do love the office. C: And Jim! Why didnt you include Jim? Oh well, Great article!