The Secret Life of the American Teenager This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

ABC Family made a daring move in creating the new hit series, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager.” The show focuses on Amy Juergens (Shailene Woodley), a 15-year-old who has just discovered she is pregnant. Viewers follow Amy as her family and friends find out.

Creator Brenda Hampton does an excellent job realistically portraying this all-too-common teen hardship. Each episode begins with a parental warning, and at the end a character encourages parents to talk to their kids about sex. Although Amy is a smart and responsible teen, she had never had the sex talk, and now she and her ­parents must deal with the consequences.

Almost every teenager can relate to this show, whether pregnant, a young father, dealing with “unfair” parents, or experiencing discrimination because of race, faith, or situation. The show can sometimes seem a bit far-fetched, but it never ceases to entertain and teach its teen audience.

Priya21 said...
I definitely agree with you! Many people say that this show is atrocious with horrible acting. I disagree with them. Perfect review of the lives of people like the Jerguens and reality. GREAT JOB!!!

XxEmo_Gurl26xX said...
Jan. 8, 2010 at 9:08 am:
love thiss show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archery10 replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 5:22 pm :
nice review! i haven't seen the show, and now I want to see it

Writingstar replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 1:52 pm :
great show! lots of drama