Ruby and the Rockits | Teen Ink

Ruby and the Rockits

By GoldenGirl PLATINUM, Vashon, Washington
GoldenGirl PLATINUM, Vashon, Washington

The Cassidys rocked the set of ABC Family's new comedy televisions series Ruby and the Rockits. Playing the roles of two former 80's rock stars, David and Patrick Gallagher, the Cassidy brothers took modern television and twisted it into something new, different, and strangely exciting, something that viewers of all ages could enjoy. Those of you who remember David Cassidy in 'The Partridge Family' will certainly get a kick out of him in Ruby and the Rockits, still singing and still dancing, before you know it you'll be singing 'I Think I Love You' to your T.V. set all over again. As for the younger viewers, you'll see Alexa Vega (Ruby), and remember her performance in 'Spy Kids', starring as a kid in her early teens as the child of two retired spies. Either way, we thought the actors were out of sight, but they came back strong, settling onto the set of Ruby and the Rockits, ready to become famous all over again.

The pilot was certainly exciting, carving a series of paths that the show could choose to follow, but not so much that the plot becomes overwhelming. Ruby's arrival is what makes the show an actual show, never mind what David and his brother Patrick's family was like before. When Ruby bounces into the picture with passion and enthusiasm for the construction of a happy family, she becomes the glue that holds the family together, breaking the chain of resentment that once bound David and Patrick, and bringing with her a lively energy that lifts the spirits of the pessimistic older son of Patrick, Jordan Gallagher (Austin Butler).

Ruby and the Rockits is a ground-breaking new show, it's the future, taking a bold step where no television show wants to go, testing the limits on what's appropriate on a family television by starting out the show with Jordan already having a crush on Ruby; who is also his cousin. Where will they go with this? And how will the show last when they get there? I'm pleased with the fact that they'd make such a bold move, wherever that move will take them. I predict that the nature of the show will pay off.
Whether you're watching the show because your teenage daughter is dragging you into its appealing plot, you're a teenager yourself, or you're reminiscing about the days of the Partridge family and just want to see David Cassidy's face on T.V. one more time, Ruby and the Rockits is a show worth watching. I see its potential. The Rockits have launched, Alexa Vega and the Cassidy brothers aboard, ready to leave fire and make history.

on Mar. 24 2011 at 1:43 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

They cancel alot of good shows on ABC family. Guess they didn't have enough people watching...................

on Mar. 23 2011 at 8:10 pm
GoldenGirl PLATINUM, Vashon, Washington
I know!!! It broke my heart when I heard it was being canceled. I absolutely loved how David was on a TV show of my generation instead of back in the 70s when I wasn't even born yet, but now he's not... :(

on Mar. 23 2011 at 3:08 pm

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

That was a good show (and it was interesting how Jordan had a crush on his cousin.............)

But then it got cancelled............:(

Anantha said...
on Oct. 20 2009 at 7:50 pm
Hey, did anyone else read that article in Seventeen Magazine about Alexa Vega's new video game? It's called the Fashion Fantasy Game:

http://www.fashionfantasygame.com/

I first found out about it when I was reading Misquincemag.com. There's supposed to be this contest on the Fashion Fantasy Game where you design clothes and enter them, then get the chance to have them appear on misquincemag.com. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm going to try it out.

Who here plays this game?