young sheldon why to watch | Teen Ink

young sheldon why to watch

February 26, 2024
By JO3lsp1c3r1 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
JO3lsp1c3r1 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A 9-year-old boy with the mind of Einstein in the 9th grade mixed with a religious mom, a football coach for a dad, and 2 siblings one a football-playing jock and a sassy, bratty twin sister.

It is the funniest and most interesting show I've ever seen.

Young Sheldon is a sitcom about the  “Big Bang Theory” show but insted its Sheldon as a child where the viewer watches as Sheldon who is played and voiced by Iain Armitage grows up and learns new things.


Sheldon's family consists of 1 brother Georgie played by Montana Jordan one of my favorite actors in this show, and 1 sister Missy played by Reagan Revord.

And his parents George and marry  Sheldon is a brilliant kid who is afraid of pets and germs which is his main personality and makes certain parts so comedic His sister Missy is this bratty girl who in the newer seasons feels left out and gets into trouble and then there is Georgie the older brother who is your average high school jock and football player The cast is excellent in this show and is good for being kids.


There is a lot of information to take in to understand the story but if you watched 3 episodes I'm sure it will make sense the 6th season just ended with Georgie dropping out of high school and having a baby, Missy running away and stealing her dads truck

And Sheldon wanting to go on a trip to Germany to learn over the summer, there is a huge fight between George and Mary because they think they are cheating on each other and whether or not they will go with Sheldon to Germany. Season 6 ends with Sheldon and Mary on the plane and George and everyone else in their hometown of Medford Texas in a huge tornado.


In all I like how the show isn't just revolving around Sheldon 24/7 because it shows a bigger picture and a story, the first few seasons were basically just about Sheldon but now we have Georgie having a baby and Missy being a problem child it makes every episode more fun to watch my favorite right now is Georgie and mandy story it is the main reason I still watch this show 7 years after I watched the first episode when it aired on CBS.

 

The score in the show is perfect the time setting is around 1989 to the mid-1990s and the soundtrack is on point with that era. the intro is the best part steve burns really did a good job on it.

Now myself and a lot of other long-time fans of this sitcom are sad to find out that there is only 1 season left until the finale the final season airs on February 15, 2024.  I am very excited and emotional to see what one of NBC's best shows will end like. If you haven't seen this show

before I recommend it for 13 and up because h e double toothpick is said a few times. This is definitely one of my favorite things to watch I'd like to thank my grandparents for showing me this show at a young age and myself for sticking with it

My final rating of all the seasons, cast, story, and score, is a solid 9/10.