Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

February 19, 2020
By Sowco24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Sowco24 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The show Friends is a sitcom from the 90’s about a close group of friends that live in New York City. The show is about their everyday adventures throughout their lives. The show would be considered a comedy but has a lot of Romance in it also. Each character has a very unique personality, Ross Geller (played by David Schwimmer) is the Nerd of the friend group. He works at a prehistoric museum as a paleontologist. Joey Tribbiani (played by Matt LeBlanc) is the womanizer of the friend group as he has a different date every episode. Monica Geller (played by Courteney Cox) is the mom of the friend group as she is the most responsible and wants everything spotless. Phoebe Buffay ( played by Lisa Kudrow) is the crazy one in the friend group as she believes in various superstitious things. Chandler Bing (played by Mathew Perry) is the comedian of the friend group as he tries to make everyone laugh at all times. And Finally Rachel Green (played by Jennifer Aniston) is the fashionista of the friend group as she is always shopping. In every episode, it features the weird situations the different characters get themselves in, or all together. Throughout all 10 seasons, Ross and Rachel have had feelings for each other. Ross has liked her since high school and she never knew.

Friends has great acting and directing. At some point during the show, you would think you were watching a reality show with how real the emotions seem. The director came up with great plots for every episode where you never feel like he has run out of ideas. If you have watched the whole series then you can put an episode on in the background while you do other things, and you will know exactly what is happening. The show has seen great success as it has lasted 10 seasons and won multiple awards like Emmys, Golden Globes, Teen Choice Awards and many more. Overall Friends is a heartwarming story that will leave you laughing, crying, mad, and happy for this group of ordinary friends.