good girls | Teen Ink

good girls

By unicorn38 BRONZE, Sacromento, California
unicorn38 BRONZE, Sacromento, California

dream as if you'll live forever and live as if you'll die today. -james dean

We all love our moms. Have you ever thought about the thing they go through or get into when you're not around? Good Girls by Jenna Bans in the year 2018 will have most of us think about moms as a loving and caring person. What we don't know is that they can be capable of doing anything and everything for their loved ones especially their children. 

The characters in the show can and are very crazy and unpredictable. Many people can relate to them because of the things they tend to go through. Every single one of the characters has their own persona. 

The thing I enjoyed most about this show was not only the fact that its unpredictable but also that in some weird way it was very relatable. This show was very funny, weird and just very entertaining in general. Other than that this show makes you realize that your mom can be everything and anything and I really mean ANYTHING.

The main characters are beth Boland(Christina Hendrick)  Annie marks (Mae Whitman) which is beth’s younger sister rudy hill (Retta) is beth’s and Annie's best friend. The show is based on 3 suburban mothers who do some wild things. They turn to crime to end what they started to get back to where they started.

The message of this show is very simple. No matter how many mistakes you make theirs always a chance to make things right. Many people go through what you can call hell and back for the people they love. Sometimes they might think what their doing is right but in the eyes of others it looks wrong and after the damage is done they regret their choices. This show had its ups and its downs but in my personal opinion, it makes my cut. 

The audience Jenna Bens was trying to connect with in my opinion is with people who need a change in their lives and just anyone whos looking for something new and interesting. I recommend this show for anyone 13+ and up whos looking for something old with a twist. Jenna bans were inspired to write this show in 2017 after a conversation with her mom about current politics at the time.