Top Voted Music Reviews

Here are the top voted music reviews:

voted
#1
Beyonce Knowles - Dangerously in Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     If you're tired of the bootylicious babble that Destiny's Child has inspired, you may want to try the new solo effort from multi-platinum recording artist Beyonce Knowles. "Dangerously in Love" blends influences from hip-hop to... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#2
Where is the Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     This hip-hop group debuted in 1998 and has made three albums since then. Even so, many haven't recognized their talents until recently. The 2003 album "Elephunk" topped the charts with the hit "Where is the Love?" This song is... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#3
Lil' Bow Wow - Doggy Bag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Dil' Bow Wow has made another greatCD with "Doggy Bag." This is his second album, and you can really heara difference between this and his first album. He has grown up right before oureyes both lyrically and physically. He is even... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#4
Wicked Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     A friend introduced me to the hit Broadway musical "Wicked" and I immediately fell in love with its soundtrack. The show describes the life and times of the Wizard of Oz's Wicked Witch of the West. Even if one is unfamiliar with the... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#5
Incubus - Morning View This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     California-based Incubus' fifth album, "Morning View," is one of the best, most refreshing displays of musical and lyrical ability. Radio gems such as "Wish You Were Here" and "Nice To Know You" lead the album, and the songs, mostly... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#6
Pink - Mizzundastood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Pink returns to the charts with "Missundaztood," an album with a different sound and style from "Can't Take Me Home." Here, Pink moves from an urban pop sound to a more sincere, dark sound. She sings about growing up, becoming a star... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#7
The Offspring – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   The Offspring: "Americana"One might refer to The Offspring's new "Americana" as a great CD simply from Frank Kozik's beautiful artwork and the CD-ROM music videos and Karaoke Room because this is an enhanced CD. However, an album is... (more »)
voted
#8
Lil' Rob - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      If you're into Latino rap and don't have this CD, you should go out and buy it. Roberto Flores - Lil' Rob - has some great songs on this album with lyrics about what he's done or what he is up to. He comes from San Diego,... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#9
Totally Hits 2001 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Doyou enjoy the beats of P. Diddy? The soft sounds of LFO? If either catches yourattention, you should be interested in "Totally Hits 2001." Themix of sounds and performers on this album will definitely include something youlike.... (more »)
voted
#10
John Mayer - Heavier Things This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     John Mayer's "Heavier Things" hits an all-time high in music. Sometimes, a heavy dose of things can be a good thing, and this is definitely true with Mayer's sophomore album. He brings all the sounds he's got, and offers... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#11
The Smashing Pumpkins “Mellon Collie & The... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Take a trip through the human emotions with The Smashing Pumpkins. “Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness” will keep you spellbound, and with songs ranging from grandiose orchestra (“Tonight, Tonight”) to metal (“X.Y.U.”),... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#12
Stars “Set Yourself on Fire” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.” The opening line of this 12-song album grabs you from the get-go but don't let that line throw you, there's nothing dark or gloomy here. Stars is a... (more »)
voted
#13
Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Finally, the rock world has found a sound that is brand new. Literally! Brand New's album "Your Favorite Weapon" is the best example of mixing emo and punk. It is a fantastic album because it has a fresh sound, the songs are superior,... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#14
Blink 182 - The Mark Tom and Travis Show This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     The best album in my eyes is “The Mark Tom and Travis Show” by Blink 182. Released in 2000, this is a collection of live performances and has some of my favorites songs. Although it may be older, it is really fun to listen to and... (more »)
voted
#15
Busta Rhymes - Genesis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   "Genesis,"released in November, is Busta Rhymes' fifth album, and it is definitely abanger. Even though his last CD was a hit, this is, without a doubt, better. Thisalbum was made in less than a year and has 20 tracks. Busta has done it... (more »)
voted
#16
John Cena “You Can’t See Me” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “Yeah boy, yeah,” is Flava Flav's oft-quoted catchphrase, but the one people should be repeating is, “You can't see me.” This is the famous line of wrestler-turned-rapper John Cena. Hailing from Massachusetts, Cena became a... (more »)
1 comment