Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Multiply by Ed Sheeran This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
On August 27th, I had the privilege of attending Ed Sheeran’s incredible “Multiply” concert at the Staples Center in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. Eighteen thousand of my fellow “Sheerios” (dedicated Ed... (more »)
The Idler Wheel … by Fiona Apple This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Fiona Apple is living proof that less is truly more. In the past 18 years she has released just four albums. In today’s industry, this may not seem like enough. But these four albums are certainly enough to show just how extraordinary she... (more »)
Devotion by Anberlin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The title of Anberlin’s newest release is a perfect description of their approach to making music. Released a year ago, “Devotion” is an extension of their previous record, “Vital.” That being said, don’t... (more »)
1989 by Taylor Swift
By , La Canada, CA
On October 27, 2014 “1989” was released by artist Taylor Swift. It features thirteen songs written and performed by Taylor Swift herself. The playlist includes “Welcome to New York”, “Blank Space”, “Out of the Woods”,... (more »)
...Like Clockwork by Queens of the Stone Age This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
     Queens of the Stone Age is an alternative rock band from the California desert.  Especially known for their very heavy sound and memorable guitar riffs, they have been a success since their breakout album Rated R was released in 2000. ... (more »)
Supermodel by Foster The People This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Foster The People have become one of the biggest names in alternative music die to their break out single “Pumped Up Kicks”. The song topped the charts and their album “Torches” was critically acclaimed across the board. Now three years... (more »)
Worlds by Porter Robinson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Review of Worlds by Porter Robinson After the meteoric rise of electronic music denoted by oppressive bass and generic vocals, a break from the norm couldn’t be more refreshing. Sadly, as the commercialization of EDM (electronic dance... (more »)
1 comment
Fix My Eyes by for KING & COUNTRY
The song "Fix My Eyes" by for KING & COUNTRY is a reflection of how the lyricists and members of the band, Luke and Joel Smallbone, would live their lives differently if they could, "...hit rewind, click delete,  stand face to face with the... (more »)
Brief Candle by One-Eyed Doll
 One-Eyed Doll is a band from Austin, Texas.  They can only be described as ‘one of a kind’.  First off, they have their own style.  Most people try to categorize them into rock, metal, punk, goth etc.  But they are none of these. ... (more »)
Rock Or Bust by AC/DC This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
     The hard rockers from down under are Back In Black, and as legendary as ever! Their new, highly anticipated 15th studio album, “Rock Or Bust” stays true to their ‘guitar band’ sound. As soon as the first riff kicked in on the... (more »)
All Of Their Albums by Hollywood Undead and Deuce
Music. Its important to EVERYONE, it doesn't matter who you are music is a part of your life. Either its for you to work out to or it really defines your life and helps you through tough times. So why do people decide to hate on the music- or... (more »)
Wonderland by Pogo This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Sampling is a debated topic and will likely continue to be debated for years to come. Wonderland, among other plunderphonics masterpieces like Since I Left You, will hopefully be used as an example of the kind of art that can only be achieved... (more »)
Memrise by Frank Ocean
It’s been a little over two years since Frank Ocean has released his Grammy-winning, beautifully crafted masterpiece of an album, channel ORANGE. The album was very much critically acclaimed, being dubbed “best album of 2012” by numerous... (more »)
Your Planet by Young Ejecta
This month, Young Ejecta, a synthpop duo of Leanne Macomber and Joel Ford, have just ejected out another great single from their upcoming release The Planet, the follow-up to their 2013 full-length ten-song debut Dominae. The title track, called... (more »)
The 1975 by The 1975
The 1975 is a self-titled album by far my current favorite English indie rock band The 1975 which was released last September 2013 and still making its way on top charts. Every single track in the album has a different approach to music genres... (more »)
Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon by...
 Mother Moon He makes two types of music he makes relaxing songs, something to help you relax during the day, he also has music that makes you happy and want to dance. He always seems angry when he is rapping it seems that way because he puts... (more »)