Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Humbug by Arctic Monkeys
Released in 2009, the album Humbug by the Arctic Monkeys came to show who are the real Monkey’s fans. Although it was widely appreciated by the critics, earning an aggregate of 75 out of 100 from Metacritic, many fans are sticking to the... (more »)
Square Two by BLACKPINK
“SQUARE TWO,” released in November of 2016, sees BLACKPINK continuing their excellence streak with another superb pair of singles added to the tracks from debut single “SQUARE ONE.” First up is the refreshing bop... (more »)
Malvadas by Baby Wicked and Wicked Babydoll
By , Los Angeles, CA
It’s true that I endured four years of Spanish classes during my school days. Sure, there was conjugation after conjugation, instructional tourist videos, inane vocabulary lessons, dreadful final exams. Still, none of the teaching was... (more »)
Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 by...
Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 is an electropop opera written by Dave Malloy, although it doesn't really stay in that genre throughout the whole show. It's a fun soundtrack based off a seventy page sliver of War and Peace,... (more »)
2 Country Souls by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Two Country Souls Before 1996, Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill were two very distinct artists, only connected by a similar music genre. However, in 1996, they got married, and each of their talents were brought together to form an iconic duo that... (more »)
Harry Styles by Harry Styles
              Harry Styles On His Own and Making it Big      After about one year of constant waiting and wondering what happened to their favorite band, One Direction fans finally were presented with new singles and albums by their... (more »)
Memories...Do Not Open by The Chainsmokers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Over the past few years The Chainsmokers have been rising stars in the music world. The DJ duo of Drew Taggart and Alex Pall have produced hit after hit making them a world wide sensation. Hailing locally from New York City, the two met through... (more »)
Relaxer by Alt-J This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Alt-J, an English band whose genre seeps into almost everything, from electro-pop, to rock, to folk, and everything in between, released their third album, Relaxer, last Friday. The band released almost half the album as singles prior to the... (more »)
Young and Menace by Fall Out Boy
I found this piece to be extraordinary at the first listen! It's very different from any other Fall Out Boy song heard, and it has its own twist. The mixture of deep/high tones brings the piece all together.    The lyrics also... (more »)
Chances by Five For Fighting
I tend to stray on the unrealistic side of things. I’m a dreamer, what can I say? When I fall for someone, I fall hard and immediately start thinking about what the future could hold with them. I realize this is not the healthiest perspective... (more »)
Awaken, My Love! by Childish Gambino/Donald Glover This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
After a two year hiatus, Childish Gambino, aka. Donald Glover, released his third studio album entirely composed of singing, switching indie rap for a more funkadelic pop sound. The last time Donald Glover officially released music was in 2014... (more »)
Harbor by Tomppabeats
Music is forever evolving, and Tomi “Tomppabeats” creates with soothing beats and harmonious melodies. His album “Harbor” has been described as “what love sounds like”. The LP is packaged with songs that take you on a mellow journey.... (more »)
Harry Styles by Harry Styles This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
23-year-old Harry Styles recently released a self-titled album. Many of his fans, old and new, were surprised by the style of music he released. Since he was previously in the boy band, One Direction, which created mostly pop songs, many of his... (more »)
Oh Wonder by Oh Wonder This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Bringing a new twist on indie music for the 21st century, London duo — Josephine Vander Gucht & Anthony West — released their self-entitled debut album on September 4, 2015. With the promise of dropping one song per month starting that... (more »)
Purpose by Justin Bieber
By , Coral Springs, FL
Although Justin Bieber has had a past of being known as a bad influence on many young girls and boys, he came out with a comeback album called ‘Purpose’ which portrays his journey in finding what his purpose in life is and how he truly found... (more »)
Wiped Out! by The Neighbourhood
By , parkland, FL
Calling all young angsty teenagers! An album you will relate to has just arrived! This album is called Wiped Out! by a British band known as The Neighbourhood. Most widely known for their song Sweater Weather which peaked #1 for Billboard's top... (more »)