Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

My Everything by Ariana Grande This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When “My Everything” by Ariana Grande was released online, I grabbed all the songs like an eager little girl in a candy store. An evolution from her previous album, “Yours Truly,” it is a delightful mix of dancey club tracks, string-soaked... (more »)
Transpose by Bad Suns This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Bad Suns are rising. In its debut EP, “Transpose,” the band breaks through the clouds and illuminates its path to relevance. Widely viewed as up-and-coming in the indie scene, Bad Suns shines with exceptional vocals, instrumental diversity,... (more »)
The Blue Album by Weezer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Got the blues? So does Weezer, an American rock band that originated in 1992 in Los Angeles. Weezer's albums tend to be identified by their cover colors. “The Blue Album” was the band's premiere, released in 1994. When you first delve into... (more »)
One Direction "Where We Are" Tour Review
Throughout my high school experience, One Direction has always been present in my life.  I’m embarrassed to say that I know way too much about those five british boys. About five years ago, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik,... (more »)
HARD Summer Music Festival Review
My summer was filled with constant excitement and action, but not one activity can compare to the experience I had at my very first HARD Summer. HARD Summer is an annual two-day music festival that takes place the first weekend of August and... (more »)
Because the Internet by Childish Gambino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Childish Gambino demonstrates his ability to intrigue listeners and surpass superficial rap material on his sophomore album, “Because the Internet.” Not only does the album have catchy lyrics and beats, it dives deep into Gambino's inner... (more »)
Turn Blue by The Black Keys This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The Black Keys have always posed an interesting conundrum for critics. On one hand, this is a band made up of two guys who went from riding around in a rust-bucket El Camino and earning dough performing in local country barrooms to churning out... (more »)
1 comment
Ghost Stories by Coldplay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Coldplay is a British group that became popular at the start of the 21st century with their first album, “Parachutes,” which included the massive, melodic hit “Yellow.” Since then, the group has gone on to produce “A Rush of Blood to the... (more »)
1 comment
Pink Floyd The Wall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When I finally pulled out my headphones after listening to all one hour and 21 minutes of Pink Floyd's “The Wall,” I stood comfortably numb in jaded confusion. I honestly didn't know – should I file this review under Music or Movies?... (more »)
3 comments
Jack’s Mannequin – The Glass Passenger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Every fan of Jack's Mannequin had the release date for their second album circled on the calendar, and I was definitely one of them. Following the critically acclaimed debut, “Everything in Transit,” “The Glass Passenger,” was a highly... (more »)
1 comment
Nevermind by Nirvana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A simple born-and-raised Seattle band, Nirvana laid out a whole new red carpet for cultural rock bands, and its unique guitar and technical effects set it apart from any other band of the early ྖs. Over the course of seven years and three... (more »)
1 comment
Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Chancellor Bennett is back at it. The 21-year-old from the Windy City returns, bringing with him a historic new sound. Bennett, who goes by the stage name Chance The Rapper, began his music career in 2011. However, his 2013 mixtape, “Acid... (more »)
John Mayer - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Live albums normally do not appeal to the public because the quality of the artist's voice is often weak and unfamiliar. The voice that everyone is used to disappears and places doubts as to the singer's talent. “Where the Light Is: John... (more »)
Rewind by Rascal Flatts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It has been two years since Rascal Flatts released their last album, “Changed.” While I have been a big fan since the start of their career, and I enjoyed “Changed,” it underperformed more than any of their previous efforts. Fortunately... (more »)
All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
"All About That Bass" is Meghan Trainor's new hit Single, released by Epic Records in 2014. Trainor's song pairs a catchy tune and rythm with a focus on girls' body images, sending the message that "every inch of you... (more »)
Ghost Opera by Kamelot
First Kamelot review. Kamelot is a symphonic metal band out of Tampa, Florida, USA, in other words, my birth-state, and I'm still here too. These guys have been around for almost 20 years and counting. Ghost Opera is their 2007 album, right... (more »)