Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Tyranny by Julian Casablancas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Julian Casablancas doesn’t play by the rules anymore. Upon first listen, his new album “Tyranny” may sound like a mad scientist’s creation. It’s a bizarre, mysterious, outside-the-box barrage of sounds that mix... (more »)
1 comment
1989 by Taylor Swift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Taylor Swift shook the pop world with the release of “1989.” Her loyal band of “Swifties” were thrown into a swirl of turmoil. Some fans were overjoyed at the opportunity to add yet another album to their collection.... (more »)
3 comments
Young the Giant by Young the Giant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The American indie rock band Young the Giant came on the scene in 2004, taking the public by surprise with their mellow tunes. Lead singer Sameer Gadhia, guitarists Jacob Tilley and Eric Cannata, bass guitarist Payam Doostazadeh, and drummer... (more »)
Eyes Wide Open (Single) by Sabrina Carpenter
Sabrina Carpenter’s newest single, “Eyes Wide Open,” is wise yet catchy pop masterpiece. Staying true to her simple pop melodies and  easy going hooks, Carpenter’s latest release has the same no-nonsense wisdom of her earlier songs.... (more »)
Ronan by Taylor Swift
We live in an era where music and art are two very different things. It is a world where music mostly revolves around how attractive a woman is, or promote drinking. This is the age of inappropriate songs. All the singers do is sing about... (more »)
All Too Well by Taylor Swift
One of my favorite songs of all time is All Too Well by Taylor Swift. I really like this track because of the powerful songwriting. Taylor co wrote the ballad with Liz Rose. The song features well-crafted and relatable lyrics such as, “He... (more »)
1 comment
Dark Space lll l(2014) by Darkspace
Yes more atmospheric black metal coming up. This is honestly done of the most interesting music I've heard due to the fact that it sounds like your in space. They also seem to make references to other space and sci fi movies like Space Odyssey and... (more »)
Human by Three Days Grace
When news came out that Matt Walst of My Darkest Days and the brother of Three Days Grace's bass guitarist, Brad Walst, will be the new vocalist, everyone expected it won't be as good as Adam Gontier being in it. I beg to differ as Matt wrote... (more »)
This Is No Fairytail(2015) by Carach Angren
Do you like Hansel and Gretel? Do you like Black Metal? then you're gonna love this. Carach Angren is a Dutch symphonic blck metal band that seems to like turning classic fairytails into something of a horror film, and that will show here as... (more »)
White Devil Armory(2014) by Overkill
New Jersey must be a nasty place both literally and figurtively because bands like Overkill really show this very well. Overkill is a Thrash Metal band that for a while has been in the underground scene of heavy metal and now with albums like... (more »)
2 comments
My Arms Your Hearse(1998) by Opeth
The band of many wonders in the Swedish metal community. The first of two concept albums the band has released, the other one being Still Life a year later, My Arms Your Hearse is set up like a story book. By that I mean it's as if every track... (more »)
Crimson(1996) by Edge of Sanity
Dan Swano and the gang are a Swedish progressive death metal group similar to that of Opeth and even featured Mikeal Akerfeldt in this album. Crimson is one giant track lasting 40 minutes in length and tells the story of a a child who was born... (more »)
Talking Is Hard by Walk The Moon This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Whether you’re cruising down the highway aimlessly with your friends, listening to “Different Colors,”  or reminiscing over adolescent infatuation from “Sidekick,” Walk The Moon’s second studio album “Talking Is Hard” will leave... (more »)
Ride The Lightning(1984) by Metallica
Yes I decided I have to review at least one Metallica album at some point, so why not the best Metallica album? Ride the Lightning is a classic in heavy metal status also creating some innovation for them from Kill em All. Some of these... (more »)
The Mantle(2002) by Agalloch This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I've talked about this band before a couple months ago in fact with The Serpent and The Sphere. Now I think I'll go back a ways and mention their most critically acclaimed currently. Agalloch is a band that's able to combine the vocals of black... (more »)
Imaginations From The Other Side(1995) by Blind...
This 9 track wonder is the prequel to the bands newest album Beyond The Red Mirror, in 2015, 20 years later. Write from the getgo you can sense an epic journey even though it's only 50 minutes in length. The story here is when a team of fantasy... (more »)