Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Funerals From The Astral Sphere by Midnight... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dis Pater of Midnight Odyssey, an Australian one-man band, can do it all. His atmospheric black metal music, and especially this album, can make for some spacey adventures. “Funerals from the Astral Sphere” was released by I,... (more »)
Songs of Innocence by U2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Last year, Apple released U2’s new album, “Songs of Innocence,” as a free download to over 500 million iTunes users. While fans rejoiced, critics called the release an act of desperation from an aging band trying to stay... (more »)
Night Visions by Imagine Dragons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Beware the lulling melodies in Imagine Dragons’ “Night Visions.” The album, released a few years ago, wields mystical powers that will lure you into an everlasting passion for the band. The songs showcase a unique style... (more »)
1 comment
Traveller by Chris Stapleton This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The year is 2015 and country music has lost its way, stranded on a one-way, one-lane road in uncharted territory like it’s never been before.  Stuck somewhere between pop and a hard place, the genre that I grew up with is experiencing an... (more »)
Handwritten by Shawn Mendes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Whether you are the Life of the Party or nursing Stitches from the Crazy things you do or if you happen to be a Kid In Love you will find a song for you Enclosed in song are the best of emotions as abundant as the Air around you can’t... (more »)
The Wall:Classic Reviews by Pink Floyd
You probably should've seen this coming. For those of you who know, I will be doing almost nothing but progressive rock and metal. You really can't have a proper series of these album reviews without doing at least one review of the Prog... (more »)
3 comments
In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson
King Crimson is a band that loves to be funny as evidence from songs like Elephant Talk for example. Still, it's hard not to like this band in the slightest. While, much like Yes and Genesis, they did have a couple line up changes here and there,... (more »)
Chaosphere(1998) by Meshuggah
Back to Meshuggah which I haven't done in a long time. A progressive death metal/djent metal band from Sweden has released what could arguably be their Magnum Opus in this case. With that aside, I feel as if this album has alot of potential and... (more »)
2 comments
Beethoven's Last Night by Trans Siberian...
You may,know this group if you've heard their performance on the popular Christmas songs Carols of the Bells and We Three Kings, or you're a fan of the Floridian symphonic rock band Savatage. Much like Savatage, they hail from my land of Florida,... (more »)
Selling England By The Pound:Classic Reviews by...
Genesis is a band that likes to play progressive rock and have some Avant Garde ish music mixed in as well. But unlike many other prog bands of its time, at least in terms of vocals, there we're two eras of this band. The Peter Gabriel side(the... (more »)
1001° Centigrades by Magma
You have met bands from foreign counties, that speak a different language other than English. But do you know any bands with their own language? No? Well, meet Magma, a French progressive rock group who invented a language called Kobaian to tell a... (more »)
Rubber Soul:Classic Reviews by The Beatles
I see we're back here with The Beatles. Well, let's get right to it, shall we? Rubber Soul was released in 1965 much like Help! but doesn't have a movie or any covers at all unlike the other five prior to this one. Including some new elements to... (more »)
Tarkus by Emerson, Lake and Palmer(ELP) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
ELP, one of the first supergroups to have ever formed in the world. Consisting of keyboardist Keith Emerson, Guitar/Bassist Greg Lake and drummer John Palmer I believe. Much like everyone else in the 70s, they formed in the great land of England... (more »)
Nightfall In Middle Earth by Blind Guardian
Welcome back. It is I, Gandolf who will be telling you about the Blind Guardian record that has to do with the fifth Moridor battle in the Hobbit Series. You may be wondering how I'm still alive, we'll I actually do dir here and after the events... (more »)
Once More Round The Sun by Mastodon
Moving into the most recent album by progressive metal band Mastodon, we have the highly acclaimed album Once More Around Round The Sun. After the significant let down that is The Hunter, I plan to review that, this made fans either skeptical or... (more »)
Second Life Syndrome by Riverside
One of the most soothing, thought provoking and enlightening progressive metal bands of all time. Coming from the small country of pierogies known as Poland, this will easily begin to haunt you once you begin listening to any of their stuff. The... (more »)