Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Songs of Innocence by U2 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Last year, Apple released U2’s new album, “Songs of Innocence” as a free download to over 500 million iTunes users. While fans of the band rejoiced, critics looked at the release as an act of desperation for an aging band trying to stay... (more »)
Tyranny by Julian Casablancas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Julian Casablancas doesn’t play by the rules anymore. Upon first listen, his new album “Tyranny” may sound like a mad scientist’s creation. It’s a bizarre, mysterious, outside-the-box barrage of sounds that mix together to form an... (more »)
The Balcony by Catfish and The Bottlemen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The “catfish army” is coming. With the release of their debut album, “The Balcony,” Catfish and The Bottlemen look to become the next big addition to the indie genre. Judging the ‘book’ by its ‘cover,’ so-to-speak, the band... (more »)
Uterus and Fire by Old Time Relijun
Olympia, Washington-based group Old Time Relijun's 1999 debut album, Uterus and Fire, is an album that would be a contender for being number one on Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Worst Albums of All Time", if the magazine ever did a list... (more »)
Age of the Joker (2012) by Edguy
As seen with their newest album, Space Police, these are crazy people when it comes to power metal. Toby and the gang have made somwthing a bit more special with this release here. This is really where they pull out all the stops to be funny.... (more »)
Pale Communion (2014) by Opeth
One of the big hits of the previous year. Opeth is a name that most metal fans by now would know. Opeth is a progressive metal band dating all the way back in the 90's with albums like Orchid, Morningrise, My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life.... (more »)
The Great Misdirect(2009) by Between the Buried...
This 6 track madness is what solidified Between The Buried and Me's love of storytelling and poetry. It isn't as good as Alaska or Colors, but it'll do. This is also consitered to be the pre-Parallax being that on both sides they lead up the... (more »)
Hotel California by Eagles
The Eagles have made many songs that have changed and shaped the genre of rock and that listeners have loved and cherished. These songs have different meanings in them that are all interpreted differently. “Hotel California” is one song that... (more »)
The Pinkprint by Nicki Minaj
The Pinkprint is Nicki Minaj’s best body of work. In this album there is more personal songs than in most of her albums. In the song “All things go” she talks about how she lost a child sixteen years ago and how she regrets that decision.... (more »)
One of a Kind by G-Dragon
G-Dragon- One of a Kind If you’re tired of not hype music that don’t fit you, you should try the solo effort of the international artist G-Dragon. “One of a kind” is a hip-hop and rap kind of music. It’s a kind of music that will hype... (more »)
In the Lonely Hour by Sam Smith This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Flawlessly executed vocals and lyrics drenched with soul and passion make up Sam Smith’s new album, “In the Lonely Hour.” Recognized for his powerful voice that pours meaning into every syllable, Smith has turned from singing... (more »)
Rented World by The Menzingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
From the first driving chords of “I Don’t Wanna Be an A**hole Anymore” until the last tear-jerking notes of “When You Died,” the Menzingers have created a phenomenally emotional and relatable album. “Rented... (more »)
2 comments
Don’t Forget Who You Are by Miles Kane This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Miles Kane’s sophomore album, “Don’t Forget Who You Are,” is a mixed bag. On one hand, the CD sounds quite good. The songs are catchy, Kane’s vocals are exceptional, and the production is a step up from his debut... (more »)
Takes on Love This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Defiance, OH
“The Kitchen: A Place of Love” by Jennifer Y. provides insight to her everyday life in the kitchen.  She reminds us that we, as human beings, take many things for granted.  As people go through life, they don’t truly... (more »)
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? by Megadeth This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Being a 13 year old girl at a Megadeth concert, surrounded by Metal heads (a metal fan) was awesome. It was the first concert I’ve ever attended, and it opened the doors for me. I felt like I belonged there and it just felt like home. I was... (more »)
5 seconds of summer by 5 seconds of summer
By , arlington, TX
5 seconds of summer In Australia 2011 the band 5sos was  created the rock band contains 4 Australian boys lead singer Luke Hemming’s is 18 , calum hood is 19 and plays base, Ashton Irwin is 20 drummer , Michael Clifford is 19 and guitarist.... (more »)