Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Nevermind by Nirvana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A simple born-and-raised Seattle band, Nirvana laid out a whole new red carpet for cultural rock bands, and its unique guitar and technical effects set it apart from any other band of the early '90s. Over the course of seven years and three... (more »)
1 comment
Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Chancellor Bennett is back at it. The 21-year-old from the Windy City returns, bringing with him a historic new sound. Bennett, who goes by the stage name Chance The Rapper, began his music career in 2011. However, his 2013 mixtape, “Acid... (more »)
Rewind by Rascal Flatts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It has been two years since Rascal Flatts released their last album, “Changed.” While I have been a big fan since the start of their career, and I enjoyed “Changed,” it underperformed more than any of their previous efforts. Fortunately... (more »)
Never Trust a Happy Song by Grouplove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Never Trust a Happy Song” is the debut album of the new band Grouplove, who are a perfect mix of alternative rock and indie pop. Their music has that upbeat, dance-like vibe, and here's a bonus – the songs are actually good! You can tell... (more »)
Nightwish by Dark Passion Play
Nightwish is a special case when it comes to Symphonic bands and for that I shall talk about a band that isn't too terribly popular in America. Dark Passion Play includes some of my favorite songs ever in metal history. And they have a new... (more »)
The Quiet Resistance by Nemesea
The Netherlands is a country that gave us alot of things to look for, including an amazing band called Nemesea. This band, while not publicly popular...yet, I will want to see where this review will go in terms of making it popular enough. The... (more »)
Hypnotic Eye by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are back with their 13th studio album, cryptically titled Hypnotic Eye which harkens back to the legend of the all seeing eye. Perhaps this is because Mr. Petty uses the glimpses of modern day life and infuses them... (more »)
Meet The Vamps by The Vamps
The Vamps are a British pop rock band consisting of members Brad Simpson (lead vocals and guitar), James McVey (lead guitar and vocals), Connor Ball (bass guitar and vocals) and Tristan Evans (drums and vocals). They formed in early 2012 and... (more »)
Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin
Okey, so who has ever heard of Breaking Benjamin, ( lots of hands come up), yeah that's what I thought. So, anyways I love this album, OK that sounds cliched. Well, this ought to be my favorite rock album thus far. Dear Agony is, you guessed... (more »)
Queen Of The Damned OST by Selected artists
Though I have seen the movie, I honestly would say the soundtrack is better. The soundtrack consists of 14 tracks, yet not even half were in the movie. But lets a go. 1 Not Meant For me by Wayne Static of Static-x: this is the first song on... (more »)
Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater
I can't believe no one has talked about this yet, and why not, this an amazing album. Sure it only has six tracks, but most of them are longer than ten minutes so it's over an hour long. The track list is pretty freaking amazing to just... (more »)
Boum Boum Boum by Mika
The significantly undervalued and underappreciated British singer-songwriter Mika is back in the spotlight after the release of his newest single, "Boum Boum Boum", at the start of the summer. The song is everything a pop song should... (more »)
The Twelve-Step Suite by Dream Theater
OK, so these are a compilation of five songs coming from separate albums and also talk about how drummer Mike Portnoy got ride of his Alcoholism disease, and I think it is encouraging for other people with this problem. Consisting of, you guessed... (more »)
My Everything by Ariana Grande This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
<p> So as you all know, <em>My Everything</em> has released (at least for me, ‘cause I’m an overseas gal), and of course that led me to grab all the songs <em>très vite,</em> like an eager little girl in a... (more »)
Rented World by The Menzingers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
From the first driving chords of “I Don’t Wanna Be An A**hole Anymore”, until the last tear jerking notes of “When You Died”, The Menzingers created a phenomenally emotional and relatable record. "Rented World" is a release... (more »)
2 comments
Red Album by Taylor Swift
Over the course of the previous year I have avoided the pop genre of music completely. Mostly because I feel the genre has become corrupt. Personally, I feel that pop music has gone from thought provoking songs to plain noise. It wasn’t... (more »)