Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Know-It-All (Deluxe) by Alessia Cara This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Alessia Cara immediately emerged as one of the year’s notable new artists with her shocking single, “Here.” For a first single, it’s not what you might expect. Slinging together verses to a slinky beat, Cara writes as the impossibly cool... (more »)
Badlands by Halsey This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The smart-mouthed punk rocker had already triumphed two EPs when she came to the public’s eye in 2015. Singing alongside Justin Bieber on tour, the “New Americana” singer proved plenty able to hold her own. And on Badlands, her first full... (more »)
The Phantom of the Opera: A Broadway Review...
Heavily regarded as the most iconic show on the Great White Way, Broadway staple The Phantom of the Opera was absolutely phenomenal. The classic operetta showed at the Majestic Theatre at 8:00 PM on December 29th, 2014. The female protagonist... (more »)
Human Again by Ingrid Michaelson
After a slew of successful folk albums, Michaelson returned in 2012 with Human Again. Featuring the same warm voice, the album takes a different route; we can practically feel Michaelson’s soul set on fire. From declarations of war to calls to... (more »)
Be Ok by Ingrid Michaelson
Ingrid Michaelson’s Be Ok is like a floury confection: charming, darling, and very sweet. Her little voice has surprising power and beauty, as it shapes itself into the all of the memorable jewels of the album. One such song is “Be Ok,”... (more »)
Night Visions by Imagine Dragons This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Like the title suggests, Night Visions by Imagine Dragons is a series of songs created at night. From prowling nighttime ballads, uncertain dusk, to the crisp rise of day, that progression is continued from the band’s Continued Silence EP. It... (more »)
Holy Ghost by Modern Baseball
If you’ve been a fan of Modern Baseball since the Sports EP, you know the band is quite fond of writing about high school stories and girls with hoodies, the kind of lyrics you’d get tattooed on your 16-year-old self. Contrary to popular... (more »)
Continued Silence EP by Imagine Dragons
The booming, detonating lead track, “Radioactive,” comes to represent everything from Imagine Dragons’ Continued Silence EP. Released in 2012 after a string of earlier works, the EP carves into the soul with a heavy rock attitude, and like... (more »)
The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance
A single G note on the piano can filter out all the emos in a ten meter radius. The opening to the iconic My Chemical Romance track, "Welcome to the Black Parade" begins with an eleven note riff that that is so recognizable, those who don’t... (more »)
Me Too by Meghan Trainor
By , Ottawa, Canada
The newest single from American singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor, “Me Too” (part of her second studio album Thank You) has been released—a while ago, actually. The single, released on May 5th 2016, (followed by a music video on May 9th)... (more »)
Heathens/Suicide Squad by Twenty-one Pilots
I am proud to announce that our favorite Alternative, no music genre band has come out with a new song. All devote, and maybe not so devote Twenty-One Pilots fan has heard it, and you'll hear it again in the upcoming movie, Suicide Squad. ... (more »)
1 comment
The Invasion by Destroid(Excision)
Last time we talked about Excision was with his most recent LP, Codename X. Let's reverse the clock back a couple years and talk about the beginning of a supergroup project that is still continuing steadily. Destroid itself features Excision, of... (more »)
Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray
"Young and Beautiful" is the 2013 soundtrack to "The Great Gatsby" film, performed by Lana Del Ray. Del Ray betrays a soulful rendition of the anxieties romanticised by youth, the nuances and superficiality of love, and the breathtaking speed at... (more »)
027 Cataclysm by Various Artists
So looks like the Monstercat story continues as Monstercat is being abducted by other cat aliens. Meanwhile we have more 30 more songs to go through. With those, we have some new artists like slushii, Unlike Pluto, Marshmello and Aruna and some... (more »)
Lemonade by Beyoncé
Her royal highness has made yet another triumph. American singer Beyoncé is a sensation throughout the globe with chart topping hits such as “Crazy in Love” and “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)”. Now she may be known for her glamour... (more »)
Another Eternity by Purity Ring This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Purity Ring, an electronic pop duo formed in 2010, has reemerged onto the electronic pop music scene with their second album, Another Eternity. Back in 2012, Purity Ring’s album Shrines attracted a loyal audience with specific tastes for the... (more »)