Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Because the Internet by Childish Gambino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Childish Gambino demonstrates his ability to intrigue listeners and surpass superficial rap material on his sophomore album, “Because the Internet.” Not only does the album have catchy lyrics and beats, it dives deep into Gambino's inner... (more »)
Turn Blue by The Black Keys This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The Black Keys have always posed an interesting conundrum for critics. On one hand, this is a band made up of two guys who went from riding around in a rust-bucket El Camino and earning dough performing in local country barrooms to churning out... (more »)
1 comment
Ghost Stories by Coldplay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Coldplay is a British group that became popular at the start of the 21st century with their first album, “Parachutes,” which included the massive, melodic hit “Yellow.” Since then, the group has gone on to produce “A Rush of Blood to the... (more »)
1 comment
Pink Floyd The Wall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When I finally pulled out my headphones after listening to all one hour and 21 minutes of Pink Floyd's “The Wall,” I stood comfortably numb in jaded confusion. I honestly didn't know – should I file this review under Music or Movies?... (more »)
3 comments
Jack’s Mannequin – The Glass Passenger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Every fan of Jack's Mannequin had the release date for their second album circled on the calendar, and I was definitely one of them. Following the critically acclaimed debut, “Everything in Transit,” “The Glass Passenger,” was a highly... (more »)
1 comment
Nevermind by Nirvana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A simple born-and-raised Seattle band, Nirvana laid out a whole new red carpet for cultural rock bands, and its unique guitar and technical effects set it apart from any other band of the early ྖs. Over the course of seven years and three... (more »)
1 comment
Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Chancellor Bennett is back at it. The 21-year-old from the Windy City returns, bringing with him a historic new sound. Bennett, who goes by the stage name Chance The Rapper, began his music career in 2011. However, his 2013 mixtape, “Acid... (more »)
John Mayer - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Live albums normally do not appeal to the public because the quality of the artist's voice is often weak and unfamiliar. The voice that everyone is used to disappears and places doubts as to the singer's talent. “Where the Light Is: John... (more »)
Rewind by Rascal Flatts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It has been two years since Rascal Flatts released their last album, “Changed.” While I have been a big fan since the start of their career, and I enjoyed “Changed,” it underperformed more than any of their previous efforts. Fortunately... (more »)
All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
"All About That Bass" is Meghan Trainor's new hit Single, released by Epic Records in 2014. Trainor's song pairs a catchy tune and rythm with a focus on girls' body images, sending the message that "every inch of you... (more »)
Ghost Opera by Kamelot
First Kamelot review. Kamelot is a symphonic metal band out of Tampa, Florida, USA, in other words, my birth-state, and I'm still here too. These guys have been around for almost 20 years and counting. Ghost Opera is their 2007 album, right... (more »)
The Best Sad Songs by My Personal Choices
Bend and Break by Keane Although this band has been called a sad attempt at cold play and too emotional, this song just strikes a cord with me. It’s a battle with someone’s inner self and their point of breaking. If you have ever had... (more »)
Are You Dead Yet? by Children of Bodom
My favorite death metal band is HERE! Children of Bodom is a Melodic Death Metal band out of Finland and are also signed with the legendary Nuclear Blast Records. I can't find anything wrong with this band. It it among my favorite bands of all... (more »)
Space Police-Defenders of the Crown Disk 1 by...
Just as i promised, Edguy is next. Space Police is a 2-disk album that was released this year in 2014. Edguy is a German Power Metal band, under the Legendary Nuclear Blast Records, that formed in 1991 and made their first album in 1995, Savage... (more »)
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater
My third Dream Theater review thus far. Well, I think it's high time to talk about their 2007 album for once. This album has 8 tracks much like Octavarium and has the second longest epic In the Presence of Enemies, standing at 25 and a half... (more »)
Dominae by Ejecta This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Even though I do like electronic music a lot, I just can’t really get into most 1980s synthpop albums. The lyrical content of them feel too cheesy most of the time and the production just never feels influential or anything that could really... (more »)