Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Rented World by The Menzingers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
From the first driving chords of “I Don’t Wanna Be An A**hole Anymore”, until the last tear jerking notes of “When You Died”, The Menzingers created a phenomenally emotional and relatable record. "Rented World" is a release... (more »)
2 comments
Red Album by Taylor Swift
Over the course of the previous year I have avoided the pop genre of music completely. Mostly because I feel the genre has become corrupt. Personally, I feel that pop music has gone from thought provoking songs to plain noise. It wasn’t... (more »)
With Love EP by Mya
Longevity is a gift only a select few possess. R&B songstress Mya, a 16 year veteran of the music business, has shown that she's got that. Usually moving from major to independent would mean the end of an artist's career. But she's... (more »)
Meddle by Pink Floyd
Meddle holds it’s own as the 6th album of English group Pink Floyd. Arguably, Meddle is Floyd’s greatest album. The band packed so much sound in six songs that it’s almost impossible to hear the full capacity of the album through one... (more »)
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody, a song that topped the charts in the 80’s, is beginning to make a comeback. The song, composed and sung by the band queen, showcases Freddie Mercury’s dark lyrics and unique style. The song begins with the melodramatic... (more »)
The Fault in Our Stars (Music from the Motion...
It’s been an incredibly long time since I spent my money on an entire album rather than individual tracks on iTunes. It’s also been an incredibly long time since I last felt so emotionally connected to a soundtrack as I did to the music of the... (more »)
Rivers in the Wasteland by NEEDTOBREATHE
Needtobreathe is an American alternative rock band from Seneca, South Carolina. The band is composed of Bear Rinehart with lead vocals, guitar, and piano, Bo Rinehart with backing vocals and guitar, and Seth Bolt with backing vocals and bass.... (more »)
5 Seconds of Summer by 5 Seconds of Summer
5 Seconds of Summer or 5sos are a pop/rock punk band from Australia with four weird but awesome band mates. Luke Hemmings, lead vocals and guitar; Michael Clifford, vocals and guitar; Calum Hood, bass guitar and vocals; and Ashton Irwin, drums and... (more »)
Spring Break 6 by Luke Bryan
We all like certain kinds of music but we aren’t born with our tastes and other characteristics. I am a pianist and I liken to think a good one. Depending on the time or mood, I mostly like country and rap music. Many people think of country... (more »)
Rewind by Rascal Flatts This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It has been two years since Rascal Flatts released their last album, Changed in 2012. While I have been a big fan of Rascal Flatts since the beginning of their career and I did enjoy their last album, it underperformed more than any of their other... (more »)
Wrecking Ball (Music Video) Interpretation by...
From the moment Miley mounted the black orb of destruction, the wrecking ball became more than a construction tool; it became a symbol of the foam finger queen’s legacy. “Wrecking Ball” opens with the powerful lyrics “we clawed, we... (more »)
Turn Blue by The Black Keys This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Black Keys have always posed an interesting conundrum for critics. On the one hand, this is a band manned by two guys who went from riding around in a rust-bucket El Camino and earning their dough performing in local country barrooms to... (more »)
1 comment
Recovery by Eminem
I’m not a huge rap fan. I usually like my music to have some kind of message to it. However, Eminem creates raps that have some of the most meaning I have ever heard in a song. Eminem receives a lot of criticism for his music because of the... (more »)
Guilty All The Same by Linkin Park
On March the seventh this year, Linkin Park made their long awaited comeback with their new single “Guilty All The Same” from their upcoming album “The Hunting Party”. I was sceptical about the song, since Linkin Park’s last two albums... (more »)
Cole Swindell by Cole Swindell
Cole Swindell Coming from small town, Bronwood, Georgia, Colden “Cole” Swindell slowly worked his name into the music leaderboards. Cole became known first in the music business writing for his fraternity brother, Luke Bryan. Cole and Luke... (more »)
Enema of the State by Blink-182
Blink-182 Review Enema of the State by Blink-182 is one of the most influential albums ever released. It captured the heart of a generation, catapulted a band into superstardom, and cemented the genre of pop-punk-rock. Blink-182... (more »)
1 comment