Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Supermodel by Foster the People This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Foster the People has become one of the biggest names in alternative music as a result of its breakout single, “Pumped Up Kicks.” The song topped the charts, and the album “Torches” was critically acclaimed across the... (more »)
In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
King Crimson’s debut album, “In the Court of the Crimson King” (1969), has become a staple in almost every progressive rock fan’s library. Released three years before Pink Floyd’s hit “The Dark Side of the... (more »)
Anaïs Mitchell and Patty Griffin at... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
With mountains of snow falling in a typical Midwestern blizzard outside, Bloomington, Indiana’s Buskirk-Chumley Theater had the pleasure of hosting two amazingly talented female folk singers, Anaïs Mitchell and Patty Griffin. Those... (more »)
1989 by Taylor Swift
“1989”: Taylor Swift Taylor Swift’s new album “1989” released on October 27, 2014 through Big Machine Records- and it became an instant hit. Industry forecasters even went as far as to say that 1989 would sell at least 1.3 million... (more »)
Revolution 9 by The Beatles
Number nine, number nine, number nine...  At this point, most Beatles fans would be pressing 'skip.' The Beatles song Revolution 9 is seen as a drug-indused, experimental, non-musical track. My friends say it sound like a three year old got... (more »)
The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other...
Album Review of 'The Raven That Refused To Sing' by Steven Wilson   While most of today's progressive rock artists are greatly influenced by 70s prog giants, but never create anything that sounds as if it came from the 70s, Steven Wilson... (more »)
1 comment
FOUR by One Direction This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Oxford, NJ
“So here it is, for all you people who have been turning us off for the last four years, this next album is about to blow your minds!” Liam Payne, of the world-famous boy band from the UK, One Direction, tweeted last May. And as of November... (more »)
Not afraid by Eminem
Eminem's song, "Not Afraid", is a song that inspires people to face their fears and to not be scared. He describes that he is done with making the wrong decisions and tired of being scared and hiding, he's ready to come out and face his fears.... (more »)
Shake it off by Taylor Swift
Probably the coolest beat of 2014 was the lead single 'Shake it off' by Taylor Swift, from her album 1989. And still is! You have to admit it; you can dance to it, sing along with it, play it at parties, relate to it and enjoy it in every... (more »)
People Keep Talking by Hoodie Allen
Prepare yourself for a fantastic new rap album by Hoodie Allen. People Keep Talking has many amazing songs with beats that make you want to dance until your legs are sore and lyrics that you'll sing so loud, your neighbors will hear. Most of... (more »)
T.S 1989 by Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is a name often heard in today's soceity. Named Billboard's Woman of the Year for the second time, winner of seven Grammys, and receiver of the honorable Dick Clarck award, Taylor just seems to be getting more and more successful.... (more »)
6 comments
1989 by Taylor Swift This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Taylor Swift shook the world with the release of 1989. Her loyal band of "swifties" were thrown into a swirl of turmoil. Some fans were overjoyed at the opportunity to add yet another Swift album to a growing collection. Some fans mourned the... (more »)
2 comments
5 Seconds of Summer by 5 Seconds of Summer
5 Seconds of Summer has just released their debut US album, and it's clear that these Aussie musicians will last longer than their name implies. Even though they've spent most of 2013 and 2014 opening for the pop boy band One Direction, 5SOS... (more »)
X Ed Sheeran by Ed Sheeran
This album is, simply put, amazing. After hearing it for the first time I had to go back and listen to it at least 20 more times. It has been on repeat since this summer. Many of the songs in this album tend to metnion someone who is "on the... (more »)
The New Classic by Iggy Azalea
Its been a while since this album was released but I'd certainly like to give my reviews about it. First things first, so I'll talk about the first hit 'Fancy'. Iggy Azalea's rap is very good, along with CharliXCX's "I'm so fancy" chorus. The... (more »)
The Serpent and the Sphere by Agalloch
If I were to recommend any black metal band to people I would choose the following: Enslaved, Emperor, Deafheaven, and Agalloch to start out. The latter of which i will be talking about today. To celebrate the holidays, though I might be a... (more »)