Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Vessel by Twenty One Pilots This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Vessel by Twenty One Pilots Vessel, though it features a sound and message similar to its predecessor Twenty One Pilots, expands and improves upon the band's first album, producing such concise and meaningful songs as “Car Radio” and... (more »)
1 comment
Underworld by Symphony X
Ah yes we are back into prog territory. Symphony X is back here to be mentioned here. Symphony X is a progressive power metal band that have been around since the early 90s with albums like Divine Wings of Tragedy, Dante's Inferno and their self... (more »)
Home from Home by Byrne and Kelly
Home from Home is the first original song from the duo Byrne and Kelly. The group is made of up Neil Byrne, Ryan Kelly, Nicole Hudson, and Peter Sheridan from the Celtic group Celtic thunder. Ryan and Neil originally came up with the idea of... (more »)
Holy War by Thy Art Is Murder
Thy Art Is Murder is a deathcore/death metal band that have been well received by fans of metal in,its self due to their unique idea of this heavy hardcore styled genre. From Australia too, which I find is not a common place to find metal bands... (more »)
Currents(2015) by Tame Impala
Tame Impala is a synth/indie rock band that includes progressive influences as well. So far this project has three albums and have a very psychedelic feel to it as well. Kevin Parker(not to be confused with South Park creator Trey Parker) is the... (more »)
Order Shall Prevail by Jungle Rot
Jungle Rot is a death metal band that is heavily influenced by the old school classics like Morbid Angel, Obituary and Cannibal Corpse added with some groove elements that at reminiscent to bands like Pantera, Sepultura and Soulfly. Heck, they... (more »)
Folie à Deux by Fall Out Boy
 The era of Folie à Deux is a time Fall Out Boy fans will never forget. Filled with meaningful lyrics written by bassist Pete Wentz and appearances by Paris Hilton in their music videos, it is an age unappreciated by the media, but appreciated... (more »)
Goliathan by Weedeater
If you read my Dopesmoker review, you can find a certain message over there. Why am I bringing that up? This is also stoner metal, but with a southern twist. I suggest you read that message in Dopesmoker before you move on. Or alternatively you... (more »)
Paramore by Paramore
2009 isn't over yet, because Paramore is still rocking the stage. Ever since their self-titled album released last year, Paramore created something for alternative fans to dance to. With dynamic vocals from Hayley Williams, guitar shredding from... (more »)
Coma Ecliptic by Between the Buried and Me
Remember my discography review for this band from a while back? This will be the final review for that at least for a while. Yes, it is finally over now that this album has been released on July 7th. Anyway, this is a band that has made a name for... (more »)
Heroes by Sabaton
Back to power metal you see. This time, we'll be going the more anthemic side of power metal. Sabaton is a power metal band from Sweden that seem to only have one topic in mind; war and war veterans. Though they generally talk about World War I... (more »)
To Pimp A Butterfly(2015) by Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar is a rap artist that has made some masterful albums like the famous Good Kid M.A.A.D. City and so far has only really three albums from what I know of. When compared to other rappers like Drake or Eminem, he often stands superior.... (more »)
The Epic by Kamasi Washington This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Kamasi Washington is a jazz artist with what seems to be big dreams in mind. Incorperating many different forms of jazz like Big Band, Smooth Jazz and Free From, he's got some talent. One thing to mention when coming into this album is that it... (more »)
Luminiferous by High On Fire
High On Fire is a sludge or stoner metal band that have formed around the early 2000s. Considering their popularity, they are one of the most respected bands in the metal community with many of their fans seeing as if they have made little to no... (more »)
Calling The Earth To Witness(2007) by Darkwater
This is a strange one. Yeah, I'm going deeper and deeper underground here because some of these guys need more exposure than they get. Darkwater is a Swedish Progressive Metal group that seem to have great influence to Power metal band Symphony X,... (more »)
Found In Faraway Places by August Burns Red
August Burns Red is a Melodic Metalcore group with a Christian lifestyle that doesn't emulate with their music. When compared to other bands of this type like Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying, they are more of a unique... (more »)