Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Funerals From The Astral Space by Midnight Odyssey This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
For an Australian one man band Dis Pater of Midnight Odyssey can do it all. Falling under the Atmospheric Black Metal catagory in the spectrum, this band and especially this album can make for some spacy adventures. This guy has a bandcamp with... (more »)
Hate Crew Deathroll by Children of Bodom
Remember Are You Dead Yet? Well I'll be backtracking a bit to this release in 2003. Finnish Melodic Death Metal bands seem to have a certain charm that not one band from the Gothenburg scene can match. Children of Bodom is one of those bands... (more »)
The Black Halo(2005) by Kamelot
If you've read my review for Ghost Opera, you may have checked out the band by now, if not, this album is much better. The Black Halo is one of many albums that many Kamelot fans are first introduced by along with Karma and Epica. This album... (more »)
Anomaly by Lecrae
This is an awesome CD for anyone who wants clean hip hop. There are some who think "That's Christian rap." But this album is just Lecrae being himself. He's tellig his life story. He's trying to get out of box that his fans put him in. Give it a... (more »)
Moon EP by Moon
This 20 minute EP by the atmosheric black metal band Moon doen't play around. Now if your familiar with bands like Agalloch, Fen, Midnight Odyssey and a couple others that I can name, you may know that atmospheric black metal is all about the... (more »)
Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
     In a time where so many artists drown their music with autotune and background music to cover up their faults, one artist in my opinion rises above them all. His name is Ed Sheeran. I have been a huge fan of Ed Sheeran since his first... (more »)
Cheek to Cheek by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You probably didn’t think that Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett would ever release a collaborative album. To many, these two artists could not be more different. She’s the eccentric, controversial diva who has lit pianos on fire, worn raw... (more »)
Vinyl by PEAR This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Pear, a husband and wife duo hailing from Canada, has just released their sophomore album. In 2012, they released their debut, “Sweet n’ Gritty,” to great success. The 13-track album was a standout. At the time, I honestly... (more »)
FOUR by One Direction This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“So here it is, for all you people who have been turning us off for the last four years, this next album is about to blow your minds!” Liam Payne of One Direction, the world-famous boy band from the UK, tweeted last May. And as of... (more »)
The Parallax 1: Hypersleep Dialogues by Between...
Their next album is coming up but first we have to discuss this album right here. The Parallax story begins here on this 3 track EP that begins the story of Prospect 1 and Prospect 2. In this EP, the characters seem to discover each other... (more »)
Pale Emperor(2015) by Marilyn Manson
Marilyn Manson, an icon of shock rock and heavy metal. Of course you guys may know him for the albums Antichrist Superstar, Machanical Animals, and Holy Wood. But Manson has evolved from the classic sound we all know him for back in the 90's for... (more »)
Echos of Battle by Caladan Brood
Based off of the Malazen Book of the Fallen series we have Salt Lake City, Utah's Caladan Brood. Falling under the atmospheric black metal catagory this album also is the band's debut. The band managed to have many elements in place, an hour... (more »)
Chasing Yesterday by Noel Gallagher's High... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Noel Gallagher knows what it is like to be on top of the world. “The Chief” or “The Godlike Genius”, as he is fondly called by the Oasis faithful, is one of the pinnacles of British rock ‘n’ roll. After founding the band Oasis,... (more »)
Reincarnation by Galneryus
If you know who BABYMETAL or Dir En Grey are, good news, I found yet another J-Metal band for you to enjoy. The name is Galneryus and they are what I like to call sensory overload power metal. The album Reincarnation is one of the definitive... (more »)
One Man Army(2015) by Ensiferum
Their newest album is my ticket to Ensiferum havenland. The folk metal act from Finland is one of those bands you really have to know the name of in order to not be shunned upon by your fellow metalheads. I checked out this album when I first... (more »)
Dream Theater
What can be said about Dream Theater that hasn't already been said? Well very few but I will do my best. Dream Theater is a Progressive Metal band spanning in the mid 80's that gained popularity in 1992 due to Images and Words. Since then Dream... (more »)