Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Divide by Ed Sheeran This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
5, x, +, ÷. Although this list may seem like miscellaneous math terms, they are much more for anyone familiar with the works of Ed Sheeran. Beginning with his 2015 EP, the list includes his other, intentionally math-themed, albums. On... (more »)
Lullaby and...The Ceaseless Roar by Robert Plant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Nowadays, the odds are split whether any person under the age of 30 has heard the legendary “Stairway to Heaven” by mega rock band Led Zeppelin. The nimble and quick fingertips of lead guitarist Jimmy Page and Robert Plant’s... (more »)
Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
On May 20, 2016, Ariana Grande dropped her hotly anticipated album, “Dangerous Woman.” While Grande’s first two albums show the pop star dreaming in a blissful trance about her bae, this latest album portrays an assertive... (more »)
Down to the River to Pray by Alison Kruass
“As I went down to the river to pray, studying about the good old days” is an amazing song about a older artist who found her love for music. Allison wrote this song maybe not even knowing that it would become almost a church song in... (more »)
1 comment
Hey Jude by The Beatles
Ah, The Beatles. One of the best bands of all time in my opinion. Anyway, the song "Hey Jude" has to be one of the band's best songs while the band was active. Why this song? If you listen to the song it is about it is about throwing out the bad... (more »)
Dr Feelgood by Motley Crue
Motley Crue released their 5th studio album Dr Feelgood on September 1st 1989. They recorded the album in Vancouver, BC in the years 1988-1989. Motley Crue is known for their glam metal and hard rock songs, and this album is full of it. With... (more »)
Dear Evan Hansen (Original Broadway Cast... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Dear Evan Hansen: the up-and-coming Broadway musical about an anxious teen trying to find his place in the world whilst dealing with the aftermath of a fellow student’s suicide. With music from the famed duo, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, and... (more »)
Things I’ll Never Say to You by Chasing Trains This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Discovering a band that plays the emotion-provoking genre of music I like is a fulfilling feeling. Over the past month, I was lucky enough to stumble upon an all-female indie band from Mahwah, New Jersey, that deserves immense attention for... (more »)
What Separates Me From You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everybody has that one band that makes them happy to be alive, even when life isn’t going so well; for me A Day to Remember is that band. From post-hardcore with a strong bass line and a heavy screaming voice to an alternative sound with... (more »)
Periphery II: This Time It's Personal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Ladies and Djentlemen, introducing to our world of djent reviews, the band Periphery. Periphery is a U.S. band signed with Sumerian Records along with bands like Veil of Maya, The Faceless, and Divine Heresy. These guys have been djenting since... (more »)
3 comments
Vessel by twenty one pilots This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
You have most likely heard of the band, twenty one pilots (if not, you should definitely check them out), but what you probably do not know about them is that their songs have a lot of meaning hidden behind the upbeat piano and ukulele music.... (more »)
A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr
         Review of A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr.                         ... (more »)
Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
This song is on the Album Dark side of the moon, so this song is pretty well known. All of my friends love it, and you probably would to. The lyrics are kind of weird, but the way they are sang is amasing. This song is in my opinion one of... (more »)
PaidProgramming by Bones
B O N E S   PaidProgramming Review Hi everyone, Teamthany Seshtano here, Teen Ink’s busiest music nerd and it’s time for a classic review of the 2013 Bones mixtape, PaidProgramming. Elmo O’ Connor other wise... (more »)
The Sickness Album by Disturbed
How many of you were born in the year 2000? Some of you may be born in the 90's but most can say they were born in the year 2000. Since it was the start of the new millennium everything was changing. TV was changing, everybody was growing up... (more »)
The Blessed Unrest by Sara Bareilles This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Blessed, she names the unrest that fills her album with bright, brilliant energy. Sara Bareilles’ fourth studio album made big waves in 2013, notably with its crowd-pleasing single “Brave.” Once again, demonstrating Bareilles’ triple... (more »)