Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Sgt's Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band...
     Figuring out what the greatest album in the history of music is may be the most controversial thing to rise, especially in the rock n’ roll genre. There are many competitors, but the one that may stick out from the rest... (more »)
I Am a Lifeguard This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In the writing titled "I Am a Lifeguard" written by Jonah F., I felt worried for him. His writing about saving a little girls life left me feeling almost speechless because of the impact I know that must've had on him. This... (more »)
This is Acting by Sia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Sia is no stranger to the music scene. Having written chart-toppers from Rihanna’s “Diamonds” to Beyoncé’s “Pretty Hurts” to three songs in the movie adaptation of the musical... (more »)
Milk and Honey by John Lennon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
 John Lennon: a name that will always be etched into the minds, souls, and hearts of millions of people, young and old, across the globe – and rightfully so, at that. Lennon’s musical prowess had always been present, up to his... (more »)
Smoke and Mirrors by Imagine Dragons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      Popular music today typically extols the joy of love, challenges of relationships, and agony of heartbreak. Many songs deserve airtime, but the themes are extremely overused and get dull after awhile. While listening to the... (more »)
Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes
"I won't lie to you I know he's just not right for you..." These lyrics open up a heartbreaking song sung by the young 2015 Teen Choice Awards winner, Shawn Mendes. It's clear that by listening to seventeen year old Mendes that music... (more »)
Closer by Chainsmokers and Halsey
Chainsmokers’ new song “closer” is the song that keeps repeating itself in my mind round the clock. What’s so special about this song? Initially I didn’t know who chainsmokers were. Then I listened one of their songs “don’t let me... (more »)
The Love Club EP by Lorde
At first glance, the track list of The Love Club makes the EP seem indulgent. Titles in the vein of "Royals" and "Million Dollar Bills" paint images of splendor and opulence. However, that is exactly the lifestyle Lorde rejects with lyrics like... (more »)
Views by Drake This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Aubrey Drake Graham, known as Drake, has become one of the most musically influential individuals of this generation. Born and raised in Toronto, Drake first rose to fame as an actor on the teen drama show “Degrassi.” He later... (more »)
25 by Adele This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In 2011, British singer/songwriter Adele released the melodious, tasteful collection of a generation – her landmark album “21.” It features songs laced in orchestral drama, like “Rolling in the Deep” and “Set... (more »)
Death of a Bachelor by Panic! at the Disco This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Solo and soaring, Brendon Urie fronts Panic! at the Disco with the release of the band’s fifth studio album, “Death of a Bachelor.” The record is entirely unique to any of its predecessors, yet is right at home with... (more »)
Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum
"Just a Kiss" is about a couple who loves each other and is really tempted to do more then just a kiss. And it talks about taking it slow and not pushing too far. Though most teens think that it's no fun to go slow, I know that it's the best... (more »)
Sorry by Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber's song "Sorry" is known and very popular. And while the beat and the music sounds good, the lyrics make me wonder if that is really his thinking or the song writer's thinking. What I do know is that an artist or group must approve... (more »)
Froot by Marina and the Diamonds This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Marina and the Diamonds, or singer Marina Diamandis, had already completed two full-length albums when she released Froot in 2015. Stripped of her Electra Heart ego and her bottle blonde locks, Diamandis finds new heights in the rich new world... (more »)
Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds
After The Family Jewels cemented her place in the world of Alternative-style music, Marina and the Diamonds (aka singer Marina Diamandis) returned in 2012 with an album that’s more flesh than bone. It all centers around the elusive identity of... (more »)
The Family Jewels by Marina and the Diamonds
Most know Marina and the Diamonds (aka singer Marina Diamandis) as the band behind the glitzy, self-obsessed radio hit in 2012, “Primadonna.” But before Diamandis’ enigma of Electra Heart surfaced, the singer had already released an album... (more »)