We Will Not Be Shaken by Bethel Music | Teen Ink

We Will Not Be Shaken by Bethel Music MAG

May 29, 2018
By nalvarado2020 BRONZE, North Las Vegas, Nevada
nalvarado2020 BRONZE, North Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summer of 2016, at a dedicated conference, was the first time I found out how wonderful my mighty God is. Out of nowhere, my breath was shaky, feeling a knot in my throat, trying so hard not to give in. I didn't think it was attractive to be crying in a crowd of strangers; one minute I was perfectly fine, the next ,breaking down into tears. I had a feeling telling me to let go, that I wasn't in a crowd of strangers. Without hesitation this time my hands lifted up, repeating “Your praise will ever be on my lips” while tears kept streaming down my face. As a kid, I was raised in a christian home, but never understood why people would tumble to the ground ,weeping hestarkly, and especially talk in tongues. As I came back home I told my mom how I felt. She explained that it was the holy spirit. From that day on I would put the song ‘Ever Be’—the song that I sang to at the conference—before going to sleep or when I would do my devotions.

‘Ever Be’ is a track from the album “We Will Not be Shaken”. This album was made by Bethel music. Bethel Music is a group of worshippers devoting themselves in sharing the wonders of God. Conveying verses of encouragement will forever be Bethels magnum opus. The album “We Will Not Be Shaken” is a great example, for it shows how God will never forsake us and his love will live on in us as in him.

“We Will Not Be Shaken”  was recorded live in 2014. These spiritual songs focus on the promises and strength we find in Jesus throughout seasons of our lives. “We Will Not Be Shaken” presents 11 songs led by the Bethel Music Artist Collective, including several debut artists: such as Brian Johnson, Kalley Heiligenthal ,Hunter Thompson, Jenn Johnson, Paul McClure, Jonathan David Helser,  Melissa Helser, Hannah McClure, Matt Stinton, and Amanda Cook.

On “No longer Slaves”, Jonathan David Helser and Melissa Helser, reach out to the audience by reassuring that they have a purpose by singing ,  “From my mother's womb/
You have chosen me/Love has called my name/I’ve been born again, into a family/Your blood flows through my veins”. Jonathan David Helser huskys vocals glide between powerful and thunderous roars that continually ring over the gentle guitar strums to blur the rumbles. In Jeremiah 9:11 it mentions, “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. God has chosen every single one of you, sometimes you might feel down like the world is against you, but you have not been forsaken, for you have a mighty father that is protecting you.

Bethels earth-shaking lyrics will bring us to tiers and give us peace with stunning melodies. This album is like a race and we are the runners. Our goal is to finish the race but the problem is that we choose not to train. We go running with a backpack filled with waters that causes us to be dragged down. The purpose of the album is to realizes that and take it off. All the weigh we have carried through the day, all shame , all insecurity and reminds that he will never abandon. We might be running the race—some run faster than others— but it's fine your goal is to keep going. Paul McClure sings “ Oh, how we love you” he mentions how he had fathered the orphan and we will always love him because he has died on the cross to bring light to the darkness. He reminds us how glorious he is, that we should never get tired of praising how much we love him and at the end of the race we will embrace all his love.

Bethels Music released a single with Cody Asbury called “Reckless Love” in January of this year. In days it was sanged all over on sunday services and replayed on the radio. It gained a lot of recognition that even Justin Bieber sang “Reckless Love “ at one of his concert using his fame to spread the love of God. Bethels Music is still encouraging which they shared with us the parabola of the lost sheep, “Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God/Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine”. Jesus was pastoring a hurd of 100 sheeps. He had noticed that one had gone missing. Knowing this he left everything behind, so he could find the one he had lost. This gives us a beautiful image of how much he cares about us. Even Though he had plenty of others sheeps he still needed that one. When we get lost he is looking like crazy to find us and bring us back.

“We Will Not be Shaken” is a empowering record for every different season of your life, a sing-along for the good and the bad stages. While the group speaks truths of difficult challenges and wonders, reminding us that we don't have to do it alone.