Bedroom Floor by Liam Payne | Teen Ink

Bedroom Floor by Liam Payne

November 7, 2017
By Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what's going to happen. It's one of the most beautiful things in life, but it's one of the most terrifying. It's worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories. - Ariana Grande"


I have decided to do something different from what I normally do, a review on a song! Now if you don't know who Liam Payne is, let me tell you. He was a member of the extremely known boyband 'One Direction', as they are currently on hiatus, the members have decided to go and presue solo acts, so far Liam and Zayn have had the most luck.

Bedroom Floor was released on the 20th of October this year, and it will be on his upcoming album (which he claims will be released in January). It was written by Charlie Puth, and he does indeed make an apperance in the song.

The song starts off with a bit of a tropical sounding entrance, but the lyrics are anything but happy.

Baby, heard you've been talking about me lately
Telling all your friends how much you hate me
But who you calling up when you get lonely?
When you get lonely, yeah
You be saying real, real nice, real nice things
When I'm touching you
You be getting real, real, real, real, real jealous
When it wasn't you, oh
And every now when my iPhone, iPhone rings
I be telling you
I told you, I told you, I told you
You said it was over
You said it was over
But your clothes say different on my bedroom floor
 
This song may not seem like anything different than a normal song when you just read the lyrics. You may just think to yourself "Oh look, another pop song". But Liam does something different with his voice that sets him apart from all of the other pop singers. He sings this song entirely in a falsetto. In case you don't know what a falsetto is, it is a high note, which is very hard for a man to sing, but Liam hits every note perfectly! Especially live.
 
An interesting part of the song is that you would think itis from his perspective, but It actually isn't. If you were to watch the music video, you would see that it is indeed from a women's perspective. As Liam stated "But it's very nice. I like the fact that it is empowering on the woman's side, because it's not often that you see it from this angle.".
 
In case you were wondering where Charlie comes in, he makes the phone call noise!
 
If you are looking for a new tune to add to your playlist, I have reason to believe this would be it! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7q_wbbwGyU


The author's comments:

How great of a singer Liam Payne is