Love Yourself: Her by Beyond The Scene | Teen Ink

Love Yourself: Her by Beyond The Scene MAG

October 20, 2017
By Minty_MinSuga BRONZE, Liberty, South Carolina
Minty_MinSuga BRONZE, Liberty, South Carolina
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Effort makes you. You will regret someday if you don’t do your best now. Don’t think it’s too late but keep working on it. It may take time, but there’s nothing that gets worse due to practising. So practise. You may get depressed, but its evidence that you are doing good.”
- Jeon Jungkook


BTS, also known as the Bangtan boys, is a South Korean boy band formed back in 2013 by Big Hit Entertainment. This internationally known boy band has seven members: RM (Kim Namjoon), Jin (Kim Soek Jin) Suga (Min Yoon Gi), J-Hope (Jung Ho Soek), Jimin (Park Jimin), v (Kim Tae Hyung), and Jungkook (Jeon Jeong-guk). They released their first album in June 2013. Since then they have released 11 albums; “Love yourself: ‘Her” is the most recent.


In this album, there are eight songs. It opens with “Intro: serendipity,” where Jimin is asking if you will let him love you: “The universe has moved for us without missing a single thing because our happiness has been planned ’cause you love me and I love you.”
“DNA,” their most popular track and first song to be listed on the Billboard Top 100, expresses how our love is forever because it’s destiny. “Don’t worry, love, because all of this is not a coincidence/ we’re completely different baby because we’ve found our destiny, DNA.”
The love continues with “Best of Me” in which the band claims, “without you there’s no me/ you’re the best of me”. “Dimple” says that you’re an angel, but when you smile it’s cruel: “When you smile, I get dizzy/ True/ please be careful/ You/ what’s really dangerous is only your possession.”
“Mic Drop” addresses the band’s success. They know they may have haters, but they don’t care. and “Go-Go” claims that they’re young and shouldn’t worry about the money. Last but not least, “Outro: Her” admits they while they be confused about love, you have helped them – you’re the answer.


The album has an upbeat and energetic rhythm to it. Even the slower songs – like “Intro: Serendipity” – are still very energetic. This song makes it feel like you are slowly being carried into your own little world of K-pop. You stay there throughout the album until the end when “Outro: Her” releases you (sadly) back into reality.


BTS won the 2017 Billboard music award for Top Social Artist, after launching their anti-violence “Love Yourself” campaign in partnership with UNICEF in Korea. They also won the 2016 Melon Music Awards for Album of The Year with “Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever.” BTS will hopefully continue to amaze their army of fans in years to come.