Strip That Down by Liam Payne | Teen Ink

Strip That Down by Liam Payne

August 26, 2017
By Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what's going to happen. It's one of the most beautiful things in life, but it's one of the most terrifying. It's worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories. - Ariana Grande"


This is Liam Payne's breakout single. In case you don't remember, Liam Payne is from the very famous boy band 'One Direction'. Prior to the release of the song, Liam posted teasers of it on Instagram, he was the last member of the band to release his solo work.

Payne did not write the song by himself, rather, Ed Sheeran wrote it. While Sheeran wrote it he figured Payne's falsetto voice would go best with it so he called Payne up to sing it. All in all, it took a day to produce.

This song is not sung by Payne himself, he sings it with the highest ranking rapper of now, Quavo.

In my personal opinion, Payne's voice sounds wonderful on this track. I mean, seriously, if you were to log onto youtube and listen to some of his live vocals, you would see what I mean. His voice always sounds very clear, and he is one of the few singers out there that can actually sing.

The song lyrics itself are pretty self-explanatory.
You know, I love it, when the music's loud
But c'mon, strip that down for me, baby
Now there's a lot of people in the crowd
But only you can dance with me
So put your hands on my body
And swing that round for me, baby (swing)
You know, I love it when the music's loud
But c'mon, strip that down for me (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

The song is currently certified Double Platinum, so in other words, if you haven't heard this bop yet, add it to your to-do list.