2 Country Souls by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Two Country Souls

Before 1996, Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill were two very distinct artists, only connected by a similar music genre. However, in 1996, they got married, and each of their talents were brought together to form an iconic duo that would amaze everyone with countless duets and tours for years to come.

Tim Mcgraw is a widely successful singer that has been releasing hit songs and albums since the ‘90s. His most decorated songs include, “Live Like you were Dying” and “Humble and Kind”, along with many others, both upbeat and slow. He has released fourteen albums that are similar and different in their own ways, making Tim Mcgraw one of the most celebrated country artists of all time. Faith Hill is another iconic country performer that has had countless numbers of hits on her seven studio albums. Hill has also been releasing music since the early 1990s, exposing her to fans from all different age groups. Hill has received six Grammy awards in her career which has earned her the utmost respect as an artist from country fans. Together, these two singers have proved to be both successful and impressive, earning them the title of ‘music royalty’ from  Rolling Stone  and countless others.
Mcgraw and Hill have performed in three different tours together since 1996, Soul2Soul Tour, Soul2Soul III Tour and Soul2Soul: World Tour. Each of these tours have a ‘must-see’ for fans coming to watch because of the mix of hit singles and duets that they performed. Additionally, the chemistry between the artists is special to watch and adds another dimension to the tour that makes it a remarkable experience.

In any concert choosing the right songs to perform is important. They have to be songs that would both appeal to the audience, and be very well-known. That is difficult when it’s just one artist. However, when there are two, it makes it that much more difficult to keep the interest of fans when they are performing, since there is more songs for fans to want to hear. Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw were able to choose not only the ideal songs, but a perfect combination of duets and solos in the right order throughout the show. They opened with a cover of the duet by Aretha Franklin and George Michael called ‘I Knew You Were Waiting For Me’. That performance set the tone for the rest of the concert by being both upbeat and fun. The two then started switching on and off and performed some of their own hits for the next set. Faith Hill then performed four of her own chart-toppers including ‘This Kiss’ and ‘Breathe’. Those songs are relatively old, but they are two of her most popular hits. It was evident that the audience really enjoyed her performance because of the standing ovation and cheers. Tim Mcgraw then sang four of his most recognized tunes including ‘Shotgun Rider’ and ‘Like Like You Were Dying’. ‘Live Like You Were Dying’ was definitely one of the highlights of the night as it is one of his most well-known hits. The place erupted in cheers when he sang, “I went skydiving, I went rocky mountain climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu”, which are some of the most iconic lyrics from that song. For the conclusion of the concert, the two artists came together and sang their most recent duet, ‘Speak To a Girl’. This song is their most popular duet, and was a great way to wrap up their concert. Overall, the song choice of the two artists helped to make the concert special for the audience because fans of all ages could sing-along to them and enjoy.

In addition to their song choice, what made  Soul2Soul  so great was the chemistry and evident love between Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. There are thousands of concerts that take place each year, and hundreds of country concerts. Each artist strives to have an element that drives people to buy tickets to their concert. The chemistry between Mcgraw and Hill are what makes people ‘need’ to see their concerts. Throughout this concert, the pair constantly complimented each other, and ‘bowed down’ to the one another. This all lead up to the iconic encore that had people in awe. In the encore, the two sang ‘I Need You’ on two mirrored chairs that elevated over the audience. The song was slower than the rest of the concert but it featured intimate lyrics like, “You’re the love that rescues me/When the cold winds rage/ And it’s so amazing”. The two sealed their final song with a kiss that caused the crowd to erupt in cheers. Everyone in music yearn for a relationship like theirs, and the two take full advantage of that throughout their concert. In their last statements of the concert they announced that their are making a joint album together. The album is set to release for the fall.

In conclusion, the Soul2Soul concert was definitely one to remember. Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill made the perfect lineup of songs that people from all ages were able to recognize and enjoy. There might be concerts with better costuming, stage decorations or even better vocals. But there will never be another duo that can emulate the love and intimacy that Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill share. Separately, Tim Mcgraw is a successful artist, who would be recognized among audiences in this generation. Faith Hill is an amazing talent with many great songs that would be known mostly by people growing up in the ‘90s. But together, they are a wildly popular and successful duo that completely transformed the expectations of country music concerts for generations to come.