Harry Styles by Harry Styles This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

23-year-old Harry Styles recently released a self-titled album. Many of his fans, old and new, were surprised by the style of music he released. Since he was previously in the boy band, One Direction, which created mostly pop songs, many of his old fans, including myself, expected something similar to what they created. However, this wasn't really the case. Although One Direction had created one or two soft rock songs, Harry Styles songs were mostly just that: classic old rock and roll.

Styles' album mostly consisted of classic-sounding rock songs, my favorite of which is "Kiwi", that showed off his deep, sultry voice. They even include a melodious electric guitar and banging drums. To many, including myself, this album sounds similiar to the type of music created by iconic rock bands, like Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and even a little bit of AC/DC. Some of his songs, however, also have a hint of alternative, which are slow, peaceful, and downright beautiful. His album would have consisted of an almost perfect mixture of the two best music genres if it wasn't for "Two Ghosts": a country song that includes, to top it all off, an acoustic guitar. But overall, I would definitely recommend this album to a first time head-banger who wants to have fun and dance around in their room.