Harry Styles • Harry Styles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Twenty-three-year-old Harry Styles recently released a self-titled album that surprised fans, old and new. Since he hails from the mega-popular boy band One Direction, many of his fans, myself included, expected something similar in style. We were in for a surprise. Although One Direction had one or two soft rock songs in their cannon, Harry Styles’ songs are mostly that: classic rock and roll.

To many, including myself, Styles’ new album sounds like the type of music created by iconic rock bands Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and even AC/DC. My favorite is “Kiwi,” which shows off his deep, sultry voice. It includes a melodious electric guitar and banging drums. Some of the songs have a hint of alternative rock and are slow, peaceful, and downright beautiful.

“Harry Styles” would be an almost perfect mixture of the two best music genres if it wasn’t for “Two Ghosts,” a country song that includes, to top it off, an acoustic guitar. But overall, I would definitely recommend this album to a first time head-banger who wants to have fun and dance around their room.