Oh Wonder by Oh Wonder This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Bringing a new twist on indie music for the 21st century, London duo — Josephine Vander Gucht & Anthony West — released their self-entitled debut album on September 4, 2015. With the promise of dropping one song per month starting that year, the pair quickly gained an immense fan base from a vast range of ages. Their timeless somber tune encaptivated the older generations in an endless loop of nostalgia. However, it was their indie-electronic vibe that captured the hearts of millennials just discovering the beauty of musical exploration. One of their more popular hits, All We Do, creates an ambiance that seems to shake the soul with each meaningful lyric. Without You introduces a myriad of emotion, while a more upbeat Lose It, leaves you itching for the need to dance like there is no tomorrow. Each song is comprised of harmonies that seem to melt into one and laced with notes of piano mixing with percussion. In a way, the album in its entirety leaves listeners changed for the better. It is no wonder that Oh Wonder climbed its way up the charts. This album holds the power to make time come to a halt, while all the world’s problems dissipate into thin air. Oh Wonder is an artist that crafts quality music containing meaning and authenticity with the ability to transport you to a different time, place, and state of mind. But the true distinguishing factor is the relationship the two artists share that is evident in each soulful melodic song. The duo’s musical chemistry is undeniable, adding the additional spark needed to make their music hauntingly beautiful. Overall, the hidden gem that is Oh Wonder is an album everyone should listen to and one who’s success cannot be confined.