Mind of Mine by Zayn | Teen Ink

Mind of Mine by Zayn

By andreaburke BRONZE, Clarksburg, Ohio
andreaburke BRONZE, Clarksburg, Ohio

Zayn’s debut album, MInd of Mine was a big hit from the start. From the first single he dropped, no one could get enough. Pillowtalk was number one on the ITunes chart in so many different countries within the first day, and still is a big hit. Once he announced the release date, the fans were all counting down the days, yet the release date was the same day he left One Direction.

The album was different than what his fans were used to, seeing since he went from pop to hip hop/r&b. Zayn wrote all his music himself, wanting everyone to see what he was capable of, and what he thought. His point of the album was for fans to have a look inside of his mind, exactly why his album has the name Mind of Mine.

Mind of Mine has a mix of slow songs and fast. He mostly had upbeat songs, and some went straight savage, like She Don’t Love Me. In Intermission:Flower, Zayn put some of his native language, Arabic. The song is in full Arab, and the lyrics are actually quite beautiful. His lyrics, most of them, actually have meaning, unlike some r&b singers.

Personally, I think the album has great vocals, and beats. Zayn, in some songs like Drunk and Wrong, has both high and low notes. He has a great vocal range, and I think it's not appreciative enough.