Curtain Call: The Hits by Eminem | Teen Ink

Curtain Call: The Hits by Eminem

By skylarhallc BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
skylarhallc BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

If you are looking for great rap, filled with creative lyrics, sick rhymes, and strong emotion, “Curtain Call: The Hits” (2005) by Eminem is the way to go.
Here is some background information about the genius rapper Eminem. Eminem is from Detroit, Michigan. He had spent most of his teenage and adult years in a trailer park, with very little money. He began going to rap battles that was right in the hardcore underground of Detroit.
This album contains some of my all time favorite songs, such as “Stan” “Lose Yourself” and “Like Toy Soldiers.” It includes the best hits in 2 other of his albums, “The Eminem Show” (2002) and “Encore” (2004).
Eminem has 3 different identities, which he portrays himself in with different names. I think this is because he is schizophrenic, and bipolar. First, Slim Shady. Slim is the funny guy, the guy that loves to share his opinions. He has been through lots, but he is over it by now. He portrays this side in some songs like “The Real Slim Shady” (obviously), and “My Name Is.”
His second charisma, is what he is most known for, Eminem. He also has been through tough times, but trying to portray all of his feelings and deep secrets through music and purely music. He portrays himself in some songs, such as “Stan,” and “Mockingbird.”
His final nature, is Marshall Mathers (Eminem’s real name). He has, again, been through lots. He doesn’t really like anyone. He is angry at everyone because he is still expressing himself through his times he has been betrayed, and shot at. When he was younger, Marshall had misunderstanding with his mom that he ran away from. He portrays himself as Marshall Mathers in some songs like “Cleaning Out My Closet” and “Guilty Conscience”
In my opinion, this album is better than most of his other albums, such as “Acid Attack” (2000) and “W.T.F.” (2011). Although this is one of his best, there has been better albums, such as “The Marshall Mathers LP 2” (2013) and “The Underground Collection” (1997). This album is one of my all time favorite albums, and I rate it 5/5 stars.

For as long as I can remember, I have been a die hard Eminem fan. He is a genius on the mic, and a genius in the studio with Dr. Dre's Aftermath Records.