Vessel by Twenty One Pilots | Teen Ink

Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

By TheRunner SILVER, Alvarado, Texas
TheRunner SILVER, Alvarado, Texas

When I get knocked down, I need to keep going.

If you like music with a message then you will like Twenty One Pilots! They are Christians, they don't talk too much about it but they are. Tyler Joseph used to be a worship leader. But anyways, back to their music... When I really listened to the lyrics of the songs on this album, I was like, "This sounds like my life!" I especially love Car Radio because it's SO true and very relatable. We all to cover up something we face by listening to music so we can feel better. But Tyler Joseph is saying in this song that it's okay to turn the music off and think about life. If we keep covering it up, then it's like we keep hiding trash under our beds. If we keep on putting stuff under there, everything will eventually come bursting out. So it would be better to face problems a little bit at a time instead of all at once. In conclusion, I'd like to quote some lyrics from Car Radio.

"There's faith and there's sleep

We need to pick one please because
Faith is to be awake
And to be awake is for us to think
And for us to think is to be alive
And I will try with every rhyme
To come across like I am dying

To let you know you need to try to think"

Faith. We will ALWAYS feel empty without Faith in Jesus!

The meaning, and how relatable this song is what inspired me to write this. And I hope that people will see how important Faith is!