Sara Bareilles

Sara Bareilles is not a singer for the fainthearted. Her lyrics are poetic and layered; I love her voice, one of the few singers who sings without inhibitions, clear depth from the throat.

She's a songwriter as well as singer and writes her own music. If you'll listen to her, you'll notice the piano is the dominant instrument in her songs ('Love Song').

There's something in Sara Bareilles' music for every teen except perhaps the rigid metalheads or girls who like So Yesterday and Girlfriend kind of music.

For all the writing and music lovers out there, I think one of the reasons why I'm obssessed with her music is it's more of 'sung poetry'. From the cheeky 'Love Song' to the slow, hardly-present-music in 'Gravity', Sara Bareilles is going places. And with her beautiful lyrics, she's taking us there with her.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

bluebirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm:
Sara Bareilles is my favorite singer! I want to meet her and I agree with you! My username's bluebird because of her song! I've played piano for years and she's my role model