David Archuleta - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album is one of those discs that never get old. If you are a fan of pop, soft ballads, or just good music to rock around your bedroom to, you will be starstruck.

The album opens with the chart-topping song “Crush.” If Archuleta’s voice hasn’t captivated you after that number, the next few will most certainly leave you wanting more.

Archuleta really brings “teen life” to his songs and speaks to his listeners about falling in love, the confusion of breaking up and, of course, “crushing,” which any teen can understand. Archuleta closes with the phenomenal “Angels,” originally sung by Robbie Williams. Slower tracks on the album (“You Can” and “To Be With You”) fit perfectly with the faster, more upbeat “Touch My Hand,” “Running,” and “Don’t Let Go.”

What makes us fall head-over-heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star? Is it his voice? His talent? His charm? Normally, I listen to classic rock radio stations; I grew up with the music my dad played in the car. I love bands like America and The Rolling Stones, so I never imagined I would love a pop singer like Archuleta. But his fantastic voice, upbeat attitude, and ­conservative values really draw teens – and their parents – to this sensational new album.

It doesn’t matter whether you are eight or 78: you will be able to relate to any song on the album. It’s worth your while to pick up a copy today.

ArchieGirl said...
i totally agree with you..David is so talented and his cd is amazing! i love it and i liste to his cd everyday!!my favorites: Touch my hand, a little too not over you, running, You can, Barriers, Crush, your eyes don't lie, waiting for yerterday, well i love the whole cd!!

Jillian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks so much guys!
I love all the itunes tracks and I agree, seeing him live is AMAZING.

SDB said...
Awesome review!!!! David Archuleta's first album is fantastic! It is not only David's voice that makes this CD amazing, but also the emotion you feel and hear when he sings. The bonus tracks are excellent too. And if you think David sounds fantastic on this CD, you have to listen to him live. No words can describe that heavenly experience. I'm his fan forever! (and I'm not a teenager).

violet4ever said...
Super review! I am a huge fan. I recommend the iTunes Deluxe or Amazon MP3 Deluxe version which include 3 bonus tracks, and you can now pick up the other two bonuses (Works for Me from the Walmart Deluxe CD and pre-order-only Somebody Out There) as individual tracks on iTunes or Amazon. Then you'll have almost everything. At BuildABear you can get a sweet song David sang for their charity drive, and be sure to check out two new songs on YouTube - Save The Day from the Japan release and the am... (more »)

valm said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 2:30 am:
Great job! I already have it but I'd buy another one just because you said to!

MHart said...
Mar. 5, 2009 at 12:19 am:
Your review captures what so many of DA's fans admire about his music. Well written!

chieeeenaaaa said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:15 am:
OMJ! THAT TOTALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE ARCHIE'S SOON TO BE WIFE!

Lucinda said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:09 am:
Totally true! I STILL haven't gotten tired of listening to it! I would recommend getting the Itunes version though :D with the incredible bonus songs!

babula said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 3:41 pm:
fantastic!

gloria said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 1:33 pm:
wow this is so good!! good work

Beatriz said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:20 pm:
This review is sooo true! David's album is awesome. Good job with the review

Iluvdavid4ever said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 3:12 am:
This is a great review!! Good job :)

Jesus Freak said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:06 am:
JILLIAN!!! That was fantabulous!!!! David would be proud of his adoring, slightly obsessed #1 fan.

Jesus Freak said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:02 am:
Jillian!!! That was fantabulous!!!! David would be proud.

dancing queen said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:32 am:
OMG Jillian that was an awesome review. I never thought i would even consider listening to David Archuleta, but now i definetely will.

sue said...
Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:11 am:
Very insightful and well written review. You convinced me - I am interested in listening to David's music! Nice Job.

emma said...
Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:46 pm:
why am i not suprised you did the david archuleta album? good review! it makes me want to go out and buy the cd.

alyssofhearts said...
Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:31 pm:
OMJ- good work jillo!!!

xlilkatiax said...
Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:20 pm:
Great review! It's perfect, and this review will get people to tune into his music. Awesome job!

ateluhcra said...
Mar. 2, 2009 at 11:17 pm:
amazing review! i agree with everything said, and the CD is grea too.