David Archuleta - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album is one of those discs that never get old. If you are a fan of pop, soft ballads, or just good music to rock around your bedroom to, you will be starstruck.

The album opens with the chart-topping song “Crush.” If Archuleta’s voice hasn’t captivated you after that number, the next few will most certainly leave you wanting more.

Archuleta really brings “teen life” to his songs and speaks to his listeners about falling in love, the confusion of breaking up and, of course, “crushing,” which any teen can understand. Archuleta closes with the phenomenal “Angels,” originally sung by Robbie Williams. Slower tracks on the album (“You Can” and “To Be With You”) fit perfectly with the faster, more upbeat “Touch My Hand,” “Running,” and “Don’t Let Go.”

What makes us fall head-over-heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star? Is it his voice? His talent? His charm? Normally, I listen to classic rock radio stations; I grew up with the music my dad played in the car. I love bands like America and The Rolling Stones, so I never imagined I would love a pop singer like Archuleta. But his fantastic voice, upbeat attitude, and ­conservative values really draw teens – and their parents – to this sensational new album.

It doesn’t matter whether you are eight or 78: you will be able to relate to any song on the album. It’s worth your while to pick up a copy today.

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
How can you like a "Musician" who doesnt even write most of his own songs?

LILMAMA replied...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:29 am
IF I WAS U I WILL STOP WRITING ON THIS PAGE CAUSE U WILL GOT HUNT

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 9:32 am
David Archuleta is AMAZING! He sounds so good!!!! His song Touch My Hand is beautiful!
-Angel

StormyJ said...
Jan. 10, 2010 at 10:56 am
I know what you mean! DAVID ARCHIE is so awesome! LOL Its a little hard to find a male artist that brings everything from looks to talent.

HeartsAreMagnets This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I Love David Archuleta! Great article :)
p.s. Happy 19th Birthday to David!

bennyB said...
Nov. 22, 2009 at 8:35 am
pop music is not verry good I think singers should stop singing love songs since is getting old. they need to start singing something new

XemoxscreamoX replied...
Mhmm.! Exepct Some Of The Artists Who First Started Writing The Loves Songs Should Stick Too It. L)

LILMAMAAKAKEKE replied...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:33 am
GIRL WHAT ARE YOU TALK ABOUT LOVE SONGS ARE GOOD THIS DAYS

cedwards said...
Nov. 4, 2009 at 5:52 am
I think this was great review on davids song. I like how you said, " I grew up with the music my ad played in the car." I was the same way so i know what you mean by " what makes us fall head- over -heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star?" You may not think you will like his songs but then you do and you can not figure out why. I think you gave great reasons for why David is a good signer.

Jillian L (author) replied...
Thank you so much for your great feedback on my article! Thanks for reading!

sam93 said...
granted im not a big fan of american idol..david surprised me. im usually into alternative music but i listened to his cd and granted it is pop i fell in love with it

jFerragonio said...
I sbsolutely love this piece on David Archuleta. I think the author expressed amazing reasons why David is a good singer. I also enjoyed when the author encluded the part with all of the questions. It made you think of why David Archuleta is so appealing to young and older people.

Archie is Divsar said...
I absolutely salute..to Archie ....He has the best attracting voice...that is why he is my no. 1 idol...thanks by the way for all those who support him...God Bless

NikkiFaith said...
David's music is awesome. He influences many younger singers to keep singing even if thier voices aren't mature. David has done alot to get where he now and all of his fans will agree. He may be young and his voice slightly mature but I mean who really cares, his voice is perfect for him! David's voice is amazing and mesmerizing. I love his music and his voice. He seems like a nice teen.

iDarkness_$ said...
david archuleta is really awesome :)

pinkvolleyballgirl said...
David Archuleta. . . just the name makes tweens scream. He is such a truly amazing artist that is grouded in his faith. The album reflects his heart and innocence. I loved it before I read this article and I love him even more after! Awesome:)

francis said...
i really do love the album. in fact, i started looking for his album once the 2008 american idol was over. david has amazing voice! i love many of the songs. they keep me feeling "hopeful", since i am very far away from home. thanks:)

vickie F. said...
Thank you for recognizing a true artist. David has the ability to touch your heart and soul with his music. His album is on constantly in my car. I love this album. I hope others that have not bought it will go get it after reading your fantastic review.

Kumiko JW said...
YEs,that's totally true!David is such a different type of teen star
and that's refreshing=)I'm glad he's received numerous positive comments!

Way to go,Archie!Stay grounded^^

Pascalee said...
David's album is wonderful, but he has grown so much since he recorded it.. I am super anxious to hear more him! His live shows are amazing. The changes he makes on that stage take every song to a whole different level. He is a true artist and I am proud to call myself a fan for life!

JillianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 4, 2009 at 12:48 am
Thanks so much guys for all your beautiful comments.
I agree with EVERYTHING you are saying! David's songs are so amazing. It is absolutely amazing that they are so clean and so uplifting. His music really makes you feel awesome. Not only is his music amazing, he is probably the most down-to-earth, sweet and caring guy in the world. I'm glad so many of you like him! What can I say, I'm a fangirl. (: