David Archuleta - This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album is one of those discs that never get old. If you are a fan of pop, soft ballads, or just good music to rock around your bedroom to, you will be starstruck.

The album opens with the chart-topping song “Crush.” If Archuleta’s voice hasn’t captivated you after that number, the next few will most certainly leave you wanting more.

Archuleta really brings “teen life” to his songs and speaks to his listeners about falling in love, the confusion of breaking up and, of course, “crushing,” which any teen can understand. Archuleta closes with the phenomenal “Angels,” originally sung by Robbie Williams. Slower tracks on the album (“You Can” and “To Be With You”) fit perfectly with the faster, more upbeat “Touch My Hand,” “Running,” and “Don’t Let Go.”

What makes us fall head-over-heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star? Is it his voice? His talent? His charm? Normally, I listen to classic rock radio stations; I grew up with the music my dad played in the car. I love bands like America and The Rolling Stones, so I never imagined I would love a pop singer like Archuleta. But his fantastic voice, upbeat attitude, and ­conservative values really draw teens – and their parents – to this sensational new album.

It doesn’t matter whether you are eight or 78: you will be able to relate to any song on the album. It’s worth your while to pick up a copy today.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:40 am:
Comment no 100! :D Nice review!

MarrBlue said...
Sep. 16 at 8:50 pm:
HE'S MAD OLD NOW :(.  

Pamela L. said...
Jul. 2 at 7:00 pm:
THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER! I LOOVE EVERY SINGLE SONG! The second he came into the audition room for American Idol, I knew I'd love him forever!;)

babygirl201251 said...
Sept. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
i really like david(; I think he has amazing talent

iTideThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:59 am:
I love David Archuletta so much.  He's mormon, and I got to meet him at church one day.  :)

kimberdawn replied...
May 11, 2012 at 9:45 am :
lucky!!!! that is so awesome!!!

dragonfly95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm:
this is a great reveiw...

god`s girl said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm:
i do luv david especially "a little to not over u" and "crush" is the best. 

NewsiesfreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:18 pm:
Didn't this come out in 2008? So wouldn't that make him now 21 years old? I'm just sad that he's quitting music for awhile.

kimberdawn replied...
May 11, 2012 at 9:47 am :
There is now way David is 21. And I believe the break for music is only for his 2 year mission. 

NewsiesfreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm :
I am now fully aware of the mission trip (DA2014). But he is in his twenties. He was born in 1990. Making him almost 22 years old.

JacenS said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:32 am:
I agree with you that David has amazing singing abilities, and he is one of my favorite artists. I liked this album too, but his third CD has, in my opinion, better songs and more memorable lyrics. "The Other Side of Down" is the title if you want to look it up.

KayKay6 said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 11:48 am:
I have to admit it to that he's an awesome song writer. I'm someone that listens to more rock music but his songs are freaking amazing. They're totally relateble and just bring in his own experiences, which makes it a must listen to.

ambamixx3 said...

This album is probably ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS ever ever Created !!

his music has so much meaning .

And icant lie , he is hot ^.^ and yeahh (:

iLuv:^) said...
When I was 11 years old I loved the song Crush. To this day the song still lives in my i-pod :) i agree that it's a good album... for only tweens & teens.

CrazyBroadwayGirl said...
I LOVE David Archuletta!!! I was a HUGE fan when his songs came out. I've been to his concert in Texas and I'm not sure why I don't often listen to the cd i bought. You are totallly right! Your work is great, you sound professional, 5 STARS!! You deserved to be in the magazine!

pixiedust15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25, 2011 at 6:50 pm:
uv all his songs!!!!!! hes soooooooooooooo good!

LILMAMAAKAKEKE said...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:21 am:
DIAVELOVEYOUSO MUCHTHATIWANTTOKISSUANDILIKEYOURSONGS

boss said...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 10:21 am:
david archuleta is the cutie in i love himsele

karstarr13 said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 11:22 am:
great review! :)