“Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion” Soundtrack | Teen Ink

“Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion” Soundtrack MAG

By Erica Wan BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Erica Wan BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Bleach: it’s not just a cleaning product. The popular manga has inspired fans worldwide, having branched out into all types of entertainment. The “Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion” soundtrack was released in 2007 with the movie, and features 29 tracks from Japanese producer Shiro Sagisu.

While good films and music go well together, this soundtrack is phenomenal enough to stand on its own. Each track adds to a story, one that you can visualize without even seeing the movie. Sagisu’s music is a medley of techno and classical, a combination of seemingly divergent styles that he manages to make work together.

In “Encirclement Battle,” it sounds as though an orchestra is playing the climax to an opera, but there are unmistakable modern influences. The background is a discordant tone that befits the chaos, which is partially embodied in the musical voices that blend together at some parts and are dissonant in others.

My favorite, “Invasion,” is set in a quick tempo, calling to mind the fast action of war. The music begins unremarkably, though the tone is clearly foreboding. Then the tension breaks, and the song showcases its brilliance and Sagisu’s unerring ability to paint chaotic scenes.

Throughout the soundtrack, Sagisu tends to start out with a simple introduction, perhaps a repeated note that sets the beat. Slowly he incorporates more instruments and sounds, building a magnificent structure upon an ordinary base. “Recollection III” is just one of those pieces, beginning with a subtle scale that is hardly acknowledged but supports the violins, adding to the sorrowful atmosphere.

With intricate tracks suited for fast-paced moments, the “Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion” soundtrack is one rebellion you’ll be glad to experience.

browneyedcat said...
on Nov. 30 2011 at 4:53 pm
browneyedcat, Melbourne Beach, Florida
lol, Bleach: not just a cleaning product. You got me at that. :D

on Jul. 21 2010 at 10:37 pm
Haha My frend......obsessed wit dem