Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust- Sigur Rós

Iceland’s greatest contribution to the music scene released their 6th album, this summer. The guys bring something entirely unique to the table, with their atmospheric sound and chilling vocals. It makes a trip to the breath taking natural scenes that bestow this country, easy to experience with the push of a button.

Translating to mean, ‘With Buzzing in Our Ears We Play Endlessly’, the album starts off with alternating acoustic riffs that remind you of finding refuge in a forest amongst the scurrying of animals, revealing your inner self. This track, “Gobbledigook”, has you spell bounded by their lively hood, captivating your emotions for a trip towards ambiance.

With a band that never stays still, Sigur Rós has developed their sound over the past 14 years. From Von, where they tackle the shoegazing, ‘My Bloody Valentine feel’, to the Post-Rock driven albums of Agaetuis Brjyun and ( ), they create music that Icelandics declare their own. A sense of serenity is felt through their songs, where one could weep at the splendor portrayed.

From moving and emotional tracks of “Ára bátur” and “All Alright” to the joy that fans hardy see in their albums, “Inní mér syngur vitleysingur”. ‘Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust’ is an album for the ages, one where you get the true sense and identity of this incredible band and are able to think to yourself, music has never felt so good.