Funerals From The Astral Sphere by Midnight Odyssey | Teen Ink

Funerals From The Astral Sphere by Midnight Odyssey MAG

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Dis Pater of Midnight Odyssey, an Australian one-man band, can do it all. His atmospheric black metal music, and especially this album, can make for some spacey adventures. “Funerals from the Astral Sphere” was released by I, Voidhanger Records and is a 16-track, two-disc, two-hour-long ride that may very well take a while, but you will have fun along the way. The synths, vocals, and drums create a very spacey vibe.

Right from the first track, “Fallen from Firmament,” you can tell that things are going to get epic. The music transports you from lightly floating in space to suddenly screaming because you are running out of oxygen and need help. Eventually you realize that if no one is going to help, you might as well die peacefully. But remember, if you scream in space, no one will hear – unless you’re listening to this massive album.

The repetition adds to the excellent atmosphere (as it always does), and the space theme matches the artwork on the cover. I may have to consider this one of my favorite albums of all time.

Overall, “Funerals from the Astral Sphere” is a phenomenal release that anyone should check out. My rating is 9.5/10.

My next review will be The Mantle by Agalloch. Then I would like to review Nightwish's Endless Forms Most Beautiful to be released next week.