Let It Go by Idina Menzel | Teen Ink

Let It Go by Idina Menzel

By JohnCerenzio SILVER, Congers, New York
JohnCerenzio SILVER, Congers, New York

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Let It Go review
“Let it Go” is the song that made Frozen the movie that it is today.But is the song really all it's cracked up to be? The song is good and sends off really nice messages but I don’t feel it is one of Disney’s best.However,it is the best song in the movie.
     The song is meant to convey the feeling of letting go of your strife and your fears and just do your own thing.It also has a lot of nicely descriptive and creative lyrics.For instance,I really enjoy the lyric “A kingdom of isolation,and it looks like I’m the queen.” because it shows how Elsa has been isolated for so long due to her powers and now she is finally free to use them.I also really like the lyric “My soul is spiraling in frozen fractials all around.And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast.” It  is very descriptive of how she feels and all of her conflicting emotions moving inside of her.
     But there is something I don’t like about it. While the song does say to let go of your worries and problems,it also says to run away from them as well,instead of confronting them.I feel the song sends off mixed messages and even borrows messages rehashed from the Lion King.
     However,“Let It Go’’ is a nice and overall insanely catchy tune.It will be a long long time before I let this song go from my head.