The Return Of The Stones - "Wheels Are Turning" | Teen Ink

The Return Of The Stones - "Wheels Are Turning" MAG

Perhaps the single greatest letdown in the history of rock and roll was the breakup of the legendary Rolling Stones. Now, thanks to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, the Stones are back together, loud as ever, with their new album "Steel Wheels" now rests at number one.

The album has its ups and downs, but it is full of catchy, fun tunes. The opener, "Sad Sad Sad," has a rock beat that's hard not to enjoy, but the lyrics are confusing at times.

The next two songs are classic Stone's music: "Mixed Emotions," the album's biggest hit so far, has great lyrics, harmony, and rock and roll feel. "Terrifying" is electrifying, piecing many things together. These two songs might be enough to sell this album to the public. But "Steel Wheels" has some problems. "Hold On To Your Hat," and a few others have a repetitious sound that's nothing new. At times, the appeal of the music is lost.

Side two is just as effective.. "Can't Be Seen," "Almost Hear You Sigh," and "Break The Spell" are very different, yet all three are great tunes with a clear sound, new to the Stones. And "Slipping Away" is a mellow end, a bit strange for the close of such a successful LP.

"Steel Wheels"accomplishes some of its goals. The songs that capture the feel of classic Stones music are by far the best. And there is one too many great songs on this album not to buy it