Stairwayto Heaven, Highway To Hell | Teen Ink

Stairwayto Heaven, Highway To Hell MAG

By Anonymous

   The Make A Difference Foundation is an organization made up of some of the biggest names in the rock world, including Ozzy Osbourne, The Scorpions, Skid Row, Motley CrPIe, Bon Jovi, and the Russian band, Gorky Park. This organization put on the Moscow Peace Festival earlier this year. The album was released to try to fight drug and alcohol abuse. Each member of the Foundation does a song by a band who has had a member die from either drugs or alcohol.

Gorky Park opens the album with The Who's "My Generation." "My Generation" is on my list as one of the best songs ever, but Gorky Park should have stayed in Russia for this one, they ruin it. The Scorpions cover of The Who's "I Can't Explain" is well done and some of my friends think it's better than the original. Although I am a huge fan of Ozzy Osbourne, I have to give him two thumbs down on his cover of the Jimi Hendrix classic "Purple Haze." Motley CrPIe does an excellent job on the cover of Tommy Bolin' "Teaser." Cinderella's version of Janis Joplin's "Move Over," is a great tribute to her. Because of Cinderella's blues background, their performance of this classic is truly amazing.

The album closes with some live jams from The Moscow Peace Festival. Bon Jovi, Cinderella, and The Scorpions do Elvis' "Hound Dog." The finale is Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" by Skid Row and Motley CrPIe.

I would recommend this album because all proceeds go to the Make A Difference Foundation and there are some really great performances on it, especially by The Scorpions and Cinderella.