Pump | Teen Ink

Pump MAG

Two years ago, Aerosmith came back into the rock scene after battling drugs and other problems with their multi-platinum record, "Permanent Vacation." Their follow-up, released earlier this fall, became an immediate smash ... and it deserved it.

"Pump" (featuring the hits "Love in an Elevator" and "Janie's Got A Gun" as well as one of my all-time Aerosmith favorites, "Don't Get Mad, Get Even") is just as good, if not better, than their previous LP, and is one of the best albums released this year. The music is exciting, but varied, and excellent, musically and lyrically. "Don't Get Mad ..." features the harmonica of Steven Tyler, and "Love in an Elevator" has a beginning recorded live in an elevator of a department store (Katherine Epps is the elevator operator, trivia buffs).

This album is fully deserving of its double platinum-and-rising status. I recommend it not only to Aerosmith fans, but to any hard-rock fan ... it has something for everyone, and it's that good. Believe the advertisements - this really is one your friends won't let you borrow! HHHH1/2