Manic Nirvana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The latest album from Robert Plant is a step back to and away from the work he did with Led Zeppelin. The album basically takes the blues-rock that characterized Zep and puts it in a more modern context, creating a heavy, progressive sound, kind of like Pink Floyd meets Guns'N'Roses. The general feel of the album is good, forceful and refreshing.

The songs themselves are a mixed bag, however. "I've Got My Eyes on You" is one of the best songs I've ever encountered, measuring up to Plant's best work with Zeppelin, bringing back memories of "Rock and Roll" and "Black Dog" and company. "Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night" is also good and puts the Zeppelin sound in a more modern context, and "Anniversary" is like the "Stairway to Heaven" of the 1990's.

Still the album has a number of weak cuts. "Big Love" and several of the other songs are real sleepers, so don't expect a new "Houses of the Holy" from this one. ***1/2

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:15 am
i love this so much!