Violator This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Depeche Mode's latest release, "Violator," is a strong example of their danceable alternative music. Aside from the popular songs released previously, like "Personal Jesus," "Enjoy the Silence," and "Policy of Truth," the album contains many unreleased songs which are just as great, if not better than the popular ones. "Waiting for the Night" is a beautiful song with vocals by band members David Gahan and Martin Gore, set to music which is breathtaking and even slightly eerie. "Halo" has some really sharp lyrics; concise but very strong. All of the songs on the album are typical Depeche Mode work and though they're all very different, the use of synthesizers, and also David Gahan's voice, gives this album a very coherent sound. I saw Depeche Mode in concert at Great Woods last April, and the live sound is even better than the album. The album's only slight drawback is the song "The Sweetest Perfection." It has good lyrics, but the music is slightly .....irritating. This album is nevertheless totally buff, man, so buy it. **** n