Trixter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Five years ago, in a small town in New Jersey called Paramus (pop. 27,442), a young group of talented fresh blood got together to form a band. They were about 13 years old. The band Trixter began.

Lead guitarist Steve Brown had confidence that his band was going to make it. In fact the band, composed of bassist P.J. Farley (18), guitarist Steve Brown (19), drummer Mark Scott (20), and singer Pete Loran (21) started doing cover tunes of Van Halen/Motley Crue and playing clubs.

After many record companies pursued them, they settled on MCA/Mechanic, the one company that seemed to understand them.

On their debut album, there are many movable rock songs including "Give it to me Good," "Ride The Whip," and the beautiful lyrical "One in a Million," also their rocker-turned-ballad "Surrender" and acoustic "On and On."

If you like hard melodic rock, I suggest you check out this album. You can also see them on their first video on MTV. So, pick up the album. Hey, believe that this young band is going to take off! n