Fix My Eyes by for KING & COUNTRY | Teen Ink

Fix My Eyes by for KING & COUNTRY

December 3, 2014
By messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The road less traveled is hard to walk.


The song "Fix My Eyes" by for KING & COUNTRY is a reflection of how the lyricists and members of the band, Luke and Joel Smallbone, would live their lives differently if they could, "...hit rewind, click delete,  stand face to face with the younger me..." saying "...here's what I'd do differently...".  In the chorus, it says they want to "...love like I'm not scared, give when it's not fair, live life for another, take time for a brother, fight for the weak ones..." and "...speak out for freedom..." all of which describe a life of charity and service to others.  In the second verse, the lyricists claim that "the road less traveled is hard to walk", and compare themselves to a soldiers following orders as they live their lives filled with giving and morals.  Throughout the song, there is a repeated phrase, "...fix my eyes on you...".  This phrase is the Christian band's reference to God, who is the one calling them to lead a life of charity and service.  The last verse describes their goal of living a good life and being rewarded in Heaven.  All in all, I think this is a fun, upbeat song with a deeper meaning and message that anyone can relate to.