Black's Magic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

On "Black's Magic," Salt-N-Pepa come across as a trio of tough, independent females who love to have a good time. This album is quite different from the group's old "Push It" image some remember.

"You Showed Me" is representative of the gritty feminist undertones that color the whole album. "I'm not the man, but I wear the britches," Salt raps. The independence also comes through on "Do You Want Me?" "Some say I'm old-fashioned, I like to take my time and do it slow...this is my life, not just a song...." But on other tracks, such as "Start the Party" Salt-N-Pepa show that they really know how to let their hair down and have a good time.

Salt, Pepa and their deejay, Spinderella, have put together a great album. Most of the tracks are danceable, and all are very good. Some have serious messages and some don't. For those who like rap, and even those who have never been fans, "Black's Magic" is a must. I give it HHH1/2. n

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 12:59 am
i love this so much!