Megadeth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dave Mustaine and his cohorts who make up the band Megadeth are out touring again following the release of their appropriately-named album "Countdown To Extinction." Politically- outspoken Mustaine throws in his commentary on the ex-president in between their thunderously heavy songs. The band has become a link between heavy metal and politics, thus moving it into the category of a "thinking man's band." The music serves two purposes in my opinion: to inform kids and teens that they have a say in this society, and simply to be enjoyed.

Megadeth articulated such difficult pieces as "Holy Wars" and "Foreclosure of a Dream." The former refers to violence as being unholy (therefore "holy war" is a paradox) and the latter refers to, most probably, the Bush Administration's failings. It just goes to show that the far left-wing Mustaine must speak his mind. Incidentally, Suicidal Tendencies opened for Megadeth; the show as a whole was extraordinary. I recommend that any metalhead go. But bring your earplugs! n