Me and My broken Heart by Rixton | Teen Ink

Me and My broken Heart by Rixton

November 7, 2014
By Mikaylaambriz BRONZE, Hemet, California
Mikaylaambriz BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

 Rixton is a brand -new boy band who has become very popular internationally in just a few short years. Consisting of Jake Roche, Charley Bagnall, Danny Wilkin, and Lewis Morgan, Rixton, who was formerly titled Relics, emerged from the populous city Manchester, England. They attracted the attention of Scooter Braun through their YouTube covers, and he offered to sign them. Their first single, Me and My Broken Heart, was a major hit, appearing on the charts in The United States, Sweden, and Australia and winning the band a gold plaque. They also produced an album titled “Me and My Broken Heart” which consisted of five songs.

Their album “Me and My Broken Heart” is a simple, laid-back album consisting of melodious guitar riffs, subtle percussion, and beautiful harmonies. They are all guitar based songs, replicating the works of Maroon 5 and Ed Sheeran. Jake Roche is the lead vocalist and guitarist of these songs, giving them a mellow soul-music feeling. Their goal of this album wasn’t to “try and change the world, we just love playing music.” Their simple music demonstrated this idea, as it was far from extreme or cliché. After producing this album, Rixton set out for their own tour in the Northern US, and became the opening act for Ariana Grande’s Honeymoon Tour.

If you are looking for a song to listen to while reading a book, this album is for you. It consisted of one great, upbeat and catchy song, followed by boring, tasteless songs which were very bland and lacked entertainment. They were compared to as love poems written by a fourteen year old, and seem to have been rushed by nagging producers or increasing popularity. They have potential, but are ruined by the same monotonous melodies and overused guitar solos. Their well - dressed and good looking appearances captured the hearts of many, especially teenage girls, but they will need to do more than just record old - fashioned music to remain a big name in the music industry.