Re-Issue Of Jimi Hendrix | Teen Ink

Re-Issue Of Jimi Hendrix MAG

By Anonymous

   Recently, MCA Record Company reissued four Jimi Hendrix studio albums: "Are You Experienced?," " Axis: Bold As Love," "Electric Ladyland" and "The Ultimate Experience," which is a compilation of Jimi Hendrix's best songs. These compact discs are available in a set or can be purchased separately.

Each CD comes with a 24-page booklet that tells about Hendrix's life and explains how each song was inspired. The booklet contains fantastic photographs of both Hendrix and the band. The CD has a multi-color graphic design that takes the cover image and makes a brilliant work of art out of it. The cover images display artwork done by Wherefore Art? and gives each CD a sharp and distinct look.

If you are interested in Jimi Hendrix but don't quite know if you want to invest in all of his albums, I would recommend "The Ultimate Experience," which accurately displays the man's genius. It contains hits like "Purple Haze," "Foxy Lady," "Fire" and "Voodoo Child." The album ends with two live tracks, one of which is his famous "Star Spangled Banner." The sounds of his guitar actually sound like lyrics to the song without ever using words. When you hear him play this song you can visualize the lines "rockets red glare" and "bombs bursting in air" in your head.

I would recommend all four of these albums to anyone wanting a change in their music. I'm sure you'll soon be a Jimi Hendrix fan. .