Silverchair - Frogstomp | Teen Ink

Silverchair - Frogstomp MAG

Rock on, man! Two words can best describe the hot new band from Down Under, and they would be "rising stars." This threesome from Australia just had their debut album released by Epic Records, titled "Frogstomp." Daniel Johns is the lead singer/guitarist, and at the ripe age of 15, his future looks bright. Another 15-year-old wonder at the guitar is Chris Joannou on bass. The eldest of this group, who is 16, hides in the shadow of his drums, Ben Gillies, a spectacular drummist who could be compared to Ringo Starr.

Although these boys are still young, their music does not reflect their lack of life's experience. Their maturity is reflected in their hit songs, "Tomorrow" and "Israel's Son." Other release depict the same outstanding talent. "Faultline" and "Shade" really express the talens of these young musicians.

Silverchair's music is electrifying, but the lyrics have profound meanings as well. They sing of the problems in today's world, like war, families being torn apart, and suicide. It's refreshing to be able to understand the words from one of today's rock bands. Every song is unique in music and lyrics.

Overall, Silverchair's music, lyrics and talents are beyond any listener's expectations. Do yourself a favor: go to your music store and pick up a copy of this new smash release. You won't be disappointed