Mariah Carey - Daydream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Daydream" is the long-awaited follow-up to the smash "Merry Christmas." This is Mariah's sixth album in five years. That's pretty amazing for someone who hasn't even turned 30 yet. "Daydream" contains the smash single "Fantasy" which debuted on the Billboard charts at number one (where it stayed for a eight weeks). It also contains "One Sweet Day," a duet with Boyz II Men. That song also debuted at number one on the charts. She's the first person ever to have two singles debut at number one.

Knowing about Mariah Carey and listening to all her albums I have to say "Daydream" is the best. It is a mix of luscious ballads and upbeat dance songs. One of the more upbeat songs is "Long Ago," but the most upbeat song on the album would have to be "Daydream Interlude (Sweet Fantasy Dub Mix)." Mariah soars through songs like "I Am Free" and "Forever." Most critics just think of her as a woman who has the ability to belt out a high note. In this album you'll have to listen a little more closely to her ever-so-famous high note. Mariah is a great singer as well as songwriter. It shows in songs like "Looking In" and "Underneath The Stars." There is also a cover of "Open Arms" by Journey. Of course Mariah Carey is in her own "Daydream." If you get this album, I assure you that you'll be in one too. Definitely pick up "Daydream." Grade: A+ .