Green Day | Teen Ink

Green Day MAG

By Anonymous

   In November, I entered the the Nassau Coliseum to see Green Day C my first ever concert. Having a general admission ticket, I did not know what to expect with all the stories I heard. This tour was their first in a year. Expectations were not as high after their first one was such a hit. Even though the band came out with a new album ("Insomniac"), the concert was to be based mostly on their old music.

The arena started packing it in and the opening band came on. Although a no-name band, they set the mood for an exciting show. During intermission, I needed a break from the crowd. While leaving the floor not expecting Green Day to come on, I heard Billy Joe take the mike and start jamming. I re-entered the floor I was so far back I could barely see him. After battling my way through the mosh pits, I finally made it to the front.

Green Day continued playing on and people rocked in good spirits. Mosh pits formed in the crowd (as expected at a rock concert), but a friendly crowd gave a helpful hand to those who fell.

Halfway through the show, Billy Joe called a kid up on stage to do a stage dive into the crowd. The funny thing was that I had seen him a month before around Rockland. I left the floor that night tired, sweaty, and partially deaf. All in all, my first concert was a success