Weird Al Yankovic - Bad Hair Day | Teen Ink

Weird Al Yankovic - Bad Hair Day MAG

First of all, I must say that only in some respects, Al has done it again. His latest CD which came out earlier this year, contains new parodies including "Amish Paradise," a parody of Coolio's "Gansta's Paradise." Also on this album are "Phony Calls," which is a parody of TLC's "Waterfalls," "Syndicated Inc.," which is a parody of Soul Asylum's "Misery," and "Gump" which is a parody of The Presidents of the United States of America's "Lump."

I've liked Weird Al since I got my first CD of his 1985 "Dare to Be Stupid." Over the years he has had ups and downs, lately downs, but this CD could bring him back up. One disappointment of the CD is that his original songs seem to be recycled from his older songs, most of which are about a break-up in which he hates a girl he left and wishes to kill the girl or himself. It's funny the first time you hear it, but usually once is enough.

It would also seem that his parodies are starting to fade. I still enjoy hearing them because it's healthy to get a good laugh. The truth of the matter is that his parodies start to get boring. A few years ago, they had a lasting interest which is why I still like them now. These parodies, however, have an impression that lasts about five weeks. How Al could drop from years of lasting entertainment to five weeks, I don't know.

I suggest buying this album for anyone who has never bought one by Al before, but if you have, this one isn't as great. You may want to stick with the originals